Sister came home

Old 09-13-2007, 09:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sister came home

I was off of school today, so I ran some errands and treated myself to a few new things. Then, I went to visit with my grandma at my parents house.

My sister came home and brought the bf, too.
They slept all day and my sister was in no condition to pick up my niece from school.
They had been up for days/nights and were crashing.
I was already at the house visiting with my grandma so I went with my mom to the pre-school and got her. The evening was ok, we had dinner and I listened to my mom. My mom broke down and said she doesn't know how to take care of herself when her daughter is so messed up and can't care for her own child. I suggested she come with me to a meeting and find some more support. Unfortunately, so many people have been through it, too.
It all boils down to the fear because we've been down this road with my sister in the past. Now there's a child to think of this time.

I'm most proud of my dad tonight because he didn't let the bf stay and when I was leaving, he told him let's go, he couldn't stay there tonight. So my dad drove the guy somewhere.

My feelings are a little all over the place. I'm not getting caught up in the drama this time around. I have more compassion for my sister and her addiction. She needs help, but isn't ready to admit it. She's been clean for years, but never dealt with the issues she still has. The cycle has begun again. This time, though I have more understanding of the problem and know that I can only help myself. I can't save her or my parents from the pain. I'm still choosing peace while this is happening.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow az, you sure are handling this well. You didn't get caught in the drama, that's _huge_. I sure hope your Mom decides to go with you to a meet, and maybe your Dad too.

Your sister is in my prayers, tonite and every nite. And so are you and your parents.

Mike
Old 09-13-2007, 10:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, Mike!
I'm trying to really step up my own recovery and maybe that will help my parents, mom especially see that there are choices and ways to get through these times in a healthier way.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ICU

Sometimes leading by example, and showing people how it's done speaks volumes more than words ever could. I too hope your folks will join you in some meetings.