Effexor? Blackouts?

Old 09-13-2007, 12:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hurt again

Effexor? Blackouts?

My AH had a concious blackout last night. He called from a friends house last night and said he was leaving to come home for dinner. He sounded fine (a little buzzed but less than normal) when he called. When he didnt arrive at the projected time I called him. He was at Whataburger (he knew dinner was waiting). When he finally got home and didn't come inside, I found him face down in the grass. He had fallen when he got out of his car. Things were a mess. I screamed and cried...and he rubbed my back as I lied on the floor having a breakdown. So this morning he wanted to know why I was on the couch. He had no memory of anything except leaving his friends house. After that nothing. He swears that he was fine when he left. I was wondering if the Effexor could have heightened the effects of drinking? Or did it just sneak up on him?
Old 09-13-2007, 02:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't think it is the Effexor that is the problem, it is drinking with meds that say don't mix with alcohol.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have to agree with Liveweyerd. It's not the Effexor, it's the behavior that's causing the problem.

Having said that, I do know for a fact that Effexor is not a good drug to mix with alcohol. I used to take Effexor, and one night I drank two wine coolers (this was at about 6 pm)after taking the Effexor, blacked out like that, and at 11 am the next day I still felt drunk. I had to miss work because the room was still spinning. I wouldn't have done that if I had known it would affect me that much, but it did.