? about inpatient treatment assistance

Old 05-29-2003, 09:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

? about inpatient treatment assistance

My dh finally made the call to get in to an inpatient treatment center. It is the one recomended by his counsler. The only problem is they want $1498.00. We don't even bring that home in a month. Eveyone keeps telling us to get a loan but our credit sucks.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what kind of assistance is out there. He gets to keep his job so we can make payments when he gets out.

Thanks very very much!!!!
Old 05-29-2003, 09:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Auriana

First I want to welcome you, and hope that you will find the love and support here that will make your journey better. We welcome new faces, and 'angels" are my favourite, so already you have a soul mate.

Check some of the links on this site and you may find a program in your area that is free or covered by insurance.

My son is an addict, and in Canada most programs are paid for my the government. The Salvation Army has some terrific programs, and I would suggest contacting them and maybe they could guide you.

I don't recommend putting your financial situation in jeopardy to finance this program. It's too risky, and quite frankly, we parents seem to foot the bill no matter what and it could take us all to the poor house.

Sending hugs and prayers for you and your family.
Old 05-29-2003, 09:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
believer

Do you or your husband have insurance you can look into? They may cover that program or an intensive outpatient one.

Good luck!
Old 05-29-2003, 11:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you both so much.

He does have insurance but it only pays 80%. The $1498 is what insurace doesn't pay. I have called just aobut every where I can think of. On place wants me to send him to Florida and we live in WA State. We can't come up with the $1498 what make them think we can send him to florida. I will just keep hopeing and praying that I will find something soon.
Old 05-29-2003, 02:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Auriana, I live in WA state too... contact your local DSHS and ask about the ADATSA program... That will help to pick up what the insurance wont.... and if that doesnt work for him ask them what other program they have that might help. If none of that works let me know and I will help you find something that will pay for it.

Good luck!!
Old 05-30-2003, 12:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks so much.
I looked into the ADATSA program and we make to much for it. I have an appt with my case worker the 10th. Uggggg I wish it was sooner. I also tried calling the CSO office but the lady that I need to talk to isn't in until Monday. So I will call and talk with her Monday. I wanted him in there last Tuesday. I have waited too long for him to make this call for.