Notices

Dexedrine! Done for 2 days! Feel awful.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Dexedrine! Done for 2 days! Feel awful.

Hi I am an adult diagnosed in the 80s with ADHD and I have been on Dexadrine for 17 years and I did stop when I was pregnant but I like the weight loss and how smart it made me feel. I am not ok apparently my bf worried and my sister. I am sure deep down they are right but I also wonder if they are jelous of my wieght ? I feel like hell today and am so tierd I have not cleaned since 2 days ago. When will this stop? Has any one else ever been able to maintain a quality life after dex?
Old 09-10-2007, 08:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi exhausted
The dexadrine does make you feel like you can conquer the world doesn't it? And then when you don't have it the world conqers you. I was never prescribed it but I did it for years. I was the single mother of 4 small children and decided to go back to school to get my doctorate. I don't know if I could have done everything if I wasn't hyped up all of the time. Then came the crash when I was offered a terrific job doing what I went to school for. I am now a licensed clinical psychologist and a former drug addict....I am currently taking methadone due to a really bad car accident but am getting weaned down. Here goes another set of withdrawals that I don't look forward to. The dexadrine addict will always feel as though they are never awake enough or have enough energy to accomplish all the threre is to accomplish. It can be done however if you have the wil to do it. If you are truly ADHD as an adult there are medicines that arenot addictive that you can try. Talk to you DR. about different choices for you. You are in my thoughts dtonight. I read your posat and it brought back so many memories of my dex use. Hugs....Viki
Old 09-11-2007, 07:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

nice to meet you, exsausted. keep posting! k