What are your dreams and aspirations? Please share.

Old 09-05-2007, 05:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Living in the light

What are your dreams and aspirations? Please share.

SR is a place we share our experience, strength and hope. So many of us arrive here
in pain and bewilderment and go on to discover we are not alone, we can change, gain strength, courage, faith, hope, healing and transform our lives as we embrace and grow in recovery.
Early in recovery in Alanon, I discovered I had lost sight of my own hopes and dreams. I had lost myself under layers of codependency. Through the grace of God, support, guidance and love of others in the program and through working it, I rediscovered my hopes, dreams and aspirations.

Writing down our dreams and goals is an important first step towards achieving them. Because by writing them down we can visualize our goals. And, because the act of writing them down creates a commitment on our part.

One of my dreams was to see the world and I am fortunate in my career as a travel
consultant ( retired now) as the perks afford me opportunities to do so. I made a list of places I wanted to visit in my lifetime. I have visited many of those places to date and plan to visit two more in October.
Another was to grow in serenity. My program was the key to spiritual growth and
as I worked it, it worked me and I grew in serenity and self love.

What are your dreams and aspirations ? They are an important part of who you are.
Trust and believe you can achieve them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
10106308A~Dreams-Posters.jpg (37.6 KB, 18 views)
Old 09-05-2007, 06:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

to be happy - really, genuinely happy...

love,
s
Old 09-05-2007, 06:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I dream of being a successful novelist. I want to be able to weave a tale of humor, growth, challenge, pain, and triumph. I believe my life has offered me MORE than enough material to start with!

I also dream of a beautiful garden in my backyard, with benches and paths and serenity.

~Cats
Old 09-05-2007, 06:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living in the light

Smile

Go for those dreams. Write them down. Make them goals. Enjoy! I'm cheering for you.
Cats, I had a garden dream and I have the garden of my dreams today.
Joined a garden club three years ago and I have many new member wonderful friends. One happy thing does lead to another!
Attached Images
File Type: gif
Dvg2.gif (36.3 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by frankie_b; 09-05-2007 at 07:11 AM.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh I'm a dreamer.......

I dream of owning 20 or so acres in my area and building a log cabin.

I want a small pond in my back yard that we can stock with fish and just go fishing in the back yard for the fun of it whenever we feel like relaxing on a lazy summer day. I want to have horses that we can take out for a ride on our property.

My dreams are that one day I can open my own bakery and cafe. I am working on that one now by baking as much as I can and making different recipes up to use. I hope to do that someday.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

I think my dreams are simple ones and hopefully achievable.
I want my house to be finished, really finished not, ok this room is done lets move to the next, it seems I've been doing that for 25 yrs.
I want to be able to have the bills paid without skimping here and there to get it done and still have money for a vacation or two a year.
I want not only me to be happy but for my husband and kids to be happy too. oh there's my codie self coming out.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My dream... Hmmmmm.... Right now it is to live in peace and harmony. To have a quiet day where there is no outside interference. No negative vibes. Just peace, serenity, harmony...

That or pack up and move to Hawaii... ALONE!

-Broken
"nothing changes if nothing changes"
Old 09-05-2007, 07:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

That or pack up and move to Hawaii... ALONE!
At first that sounds nice, but then you'd have to deal with all those sexy surfer guys and beautiful tropical scenery and waterfalls.... and cabana boys

Oh, and hurricanes. Those darn storms could ruin your whole day!

Hugs

Cats
Old 09-05-2007, 07:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

LOL!!! and the down side to this is??? cabana boys, sexy surfer guys, storms. I have a big towel! They can share with me Wooooooo Hoooooooo...

-Broken
Old 09-05-2007, 07:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Living in the light

LOL Cats. I like your sense of humor! Broken, it's been some time since we took one of our SR codie trips to
Hawaii. Mooselips is the keeper of the the codie jet to get us there. We have a codie bus too and a great driver, Best.
We take a fave companion with us if we like, whoever your heart desires...or just go solo and let the good times roll. Antonio Banderas is mine, Mel Gibson is Ann's, Johnny Depp and George Clooney are taken. Maybe when Moose gets back from
Canada we can take a trip, play, enjoy and have the time of our lives.
Bring on the cabana boys!!!!
Old 09-05-2007, 08:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My mother had a plate that hung on her kitchen wall, and on it read: "You've got to have a dream before it can come true." I loved that even as a child and have always remembered it.

My life today is truly a dream come true. I have beauty and love and peace all around me and life just doesn't get better than that.

I guess if I dug deep, I'd find that I have a dream to turn my hobby photography into art one day, I love capturing nature's beauty and already have a few "special" pictures where God set the stage and all I had to do was point and click. I also write, so maybe a book combining my photography and my writing. Should my dream come true, I will dedicate my book to all of you...the angels who walked with me.

The fun thing is, this dream can come true, all I need to do is focus and have fun putting it all together.

Frankie B, you are one of my main angels because your threads like this get me thinking and always leave me smiling.

Hugs
Old 09-05-2007, 08:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

I had to take a few minutes to think about this - because I am pretty happy & content in my life.

I was & still am very grateful to be living in a beautiful new home that we were able to replace & finally move into last December - 15 months after Hurricane Rita. To be able to cook a meal for my family and have room for them to come over for a visit is a true DREAM come true after living without that for that year & half.

I guess if there will always be hopes & dreams of things I will want to do in my life - continue my spiritual & recovery growth, be a part of my grandchildren's lives, hopefully watch my daughters lives mature in a healthy way - I would love to see the Statue of Liberty, attend the Little League World Series in Williamsport, PA, attend a National or International Al-Anon Convention and maybe even one day get to meet all of the wonderful on-line recovery friends that I have met thru SR and other recovery sites.

Wow - I'm gonna be a busy person - huh? Well even if none of it comes true - I can say I'm content & happy just dreaming about the possibility - right?

Great thread!!!!

Wishing you Serenity & Joy,
Rita
Old 09-05-2007, 10:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I dream to sail a non-hurricane torn carribean
I dream of living in a paradise
Old 09-05-2007, 10:59 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

today I am content to have peace, and I have that.

I am planning for my dream which is to own a farm again someday. It is going to take time and since I will be doing this day job for at least another 11.5 years, I ought to be able to plan it good. Sheep and a few horses and good dogs to herd.. and my cats of course!

Unless I win the Lotto.. in which case I will have enough money to be able to afford to farm full time again now.

I am working on the plan since Lotto is a bit sketchy...
Old 09-05-2007, 11:37 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I dream of..........

My dream is becoming a teacher and hopefully leading children in the right direction of their lives. I want my family to live happy and healthy lives. I have two dreams...one of which will never come true and one that will in the next few years. I am a Nascar fan and I have always wanted to go to the Talledega Race. I see that in my near future and the other dream is going to Australia and the reason this will never happen is because...I don't fly!! How sad but true I will only have to look at pictures and continue dreaming!!

Rita...you brought a smile to my face or memories should I say when you talked about Williamsport, PA. That is my hometown, the place that I was born. As a matter of fact, we go back to the area once a year for a huge family reunion!! I hope you are able to make it there one day...it is awesome!!

Last edited by TrishaV; 09-05-2007 at 11:37 AM. Reason: miss-spelled....
Old 09-05-2007, 11:50 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TrishaV View Post
I am a Nascar fan and I have always wanted to go to the Talledega Race. I see that in my near future and the other dream is going to Australia and the reason this will never happen is because...I don't fly!! How sad but true I will only have to look at pictures and continue dreaming!!
Oh Trisha----we go to Talladega every year and I soooo, sooooooooo hope its in your very near future to be able to go. Its amazing. I'll try to take some pics while we are down this year and post them.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:32 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

Frankie, when we go on our trip can I take Val Kilmer?
Old 09-05-2007, 12:44 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Living in the light

LOL Rashue. Of course you can ! Whatever your heart's desire ! I think I even shared Antonio one trip.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:45 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CatsPajamas View Post
At first that sounds nice, but then you'd have to deal with all those sexy surfer guys and beautiful tropical scenery and waterfalls.... and cabana boys

Oh no, Cats! Pleeeeease don't throw me in the briar patch! Whatever you do, don't send me to Hawaii!!!!
Old 09-05-2007, 01:04 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Trisha - maybe I'll get to meet you on my visit there - might as well dream big while I'm dreaming right?

Hawaii, cabana boys, surfer guys, waterfalls & tropical scenery - hmm - add that to my dream list too - swing by Louisiana with the codie jet & pick me up, pleeeeeease!!