I feel so stupid....

Old 09-04-2007, 12:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I feel so stupid....

Well as most of you know. I moved out and tried to have little contact with ah. well he called crying I told him I would only be around him sober.
well he got the water turned off at the house we own.. (which is in my name). So he asked could he come take a shower I said yes. Anyway, I have been letting him eat with us and bath there. And spend the night well.... Last night my daughter informed me he had one of his meth headed friends there. He is at work today but, I am not putting up with it. He can stay with no water.
Thats why I moved...
I just feel stupid to think he wouldnt let them people come there. Well I am now finished I dont care how hurt he gets.... Its his choice. Not mine...
Also, If any one has not read If you Love me let me fall someone posted here it is the one to read... I printed it out so I could re read it daily. Thak you to whom ever posted it..
And thanks to all for letting me vent..
I really want to kick myself. I should have known.. If I can ever just let go I will be okay.
Hugs to all....
Old 09-04-2007, 01:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Progress not Perfection - I too believed that there were some things that the A's in my life would never do - only to find out differently.

Cunning, baffling & powerful is the disease of alcoholism/addiction and so was the way that I was affected by this disease.

Please keep taking good care of YOU,

Rita
Old 09-04-2007, 01:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Two steps forward, one step back... and occasionally I tumble head over heels all the way to the bottom of a hill. **SPLAT**

But guess what? My recovery friends are there. They pick me up, brush me off, take the brambles out of my hair, and they encourage me to start back up the hill. They'll be there to climb it with me. Sometimes they even laugh with me and say, "Now THAT was interesting, wasn't it? What might you do differently next time?"

Let's start back up the hill together, ok?

Cats
Old 09-04-2007, 01:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Don't feel stupid. You care, addicts don't. I do the same stuff over and over. I don't know why it's so hard to learn a lesson in just one try. We should start a thread on the "things my addict would never do, then they do it. " The sticky at the top "what addicts do "is always a big help for me. When my AS calls I try to remember that sticky.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Sorry you had to go through this. But, it's the addicts way. They manipulate. They cry and plead us to help them, only to do the same thing over and over.

As long as we "help", they never change.

If he gets the water turned off, what's the next thing? Electricity? Then what will he do? Well, that's up to him!

Don't be too hard on yourself either. We have all been down that road. It's what we learn from it that counts.