We're back

Old 09-03-2007, 11:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up We're back

Friends,
We cut our getaway a little short. We were suppposed to come home tomorrow.
AD got a call from her exb who got home from Iraq in June and wanted to see her.
He did contact her when he got home but she made no efforts to see him. She was too busy with abf. Well she is sober now so I guess the time is right to see him. He is a really good guy. He invited her out to lunch today ,so we came home so she could go on the date. I know he is worth it so I agreed to come home so she could see him. I was hoping for a long time that she would clean up her act and they would get together. He picked her up in his brand new truck, she looked really cute and so did he. He even brought me some tomatoes and peppers from his garden.
It just made me smile to see her go out on a healthy date for a change. Well, I hope all goes well. I'm not getting my hopes up. It's been 3 yrs. since she has seen him. People change. At least for today she is with someone good and I can relax about her being out having a nice time. It just makes me feel good. I'm glad my daughter gave him my cell number and he kept it, so he was able to get a hold of her. I'll let you all know how it went.

Lo
Old 09-03-2007, 03:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i know how it feels when we think our addicts are out with some one worth a toot.gosh, it would be a miracle he if could make her forget about her a.b.f. let us know how it goes. enjoy your day, missed you.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
rozied

Dear Lobo, I was so happy to read your AD was out with someone you like & who is not a drug user.
Enjoy your day.

Diane
Old 09-03-2007, 05:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm hoping she is on a better path too, Lobo, and happy with you to see her just go on a healthy date. Who knew that a healthy date was a blessing to so many like us?

Hugs
Old 09-03-2007, 07:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lobo, I know that feeling...the incredible joy we get knowing just for today our daughter is doing a normal, every day thing with a good person. My daughter had a guy friend like that and i always felt so happy for her and at peace when they just went out on a normal date. I knew she was in good hands and having clean fun. I do so hope each day clean fortifies her desire to stay clean Hugs and prayers.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

This just made me smile a big happy dopey mom smile.

Cats
Old 09-03-2007, 07:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome back, missed knowing you were "here".

Glad all is well, I too, had that dopey smile!
susan
Old 09-03-2007, 08:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well, The date went well. She said a lot of the old butterfly feelings came back when she saw him. She said she gets the feeling he felt the same way. Problem is.......he moved and now lives 2 hours away from us. He is an army recruiter and he works long days and doesn't get down here more than once a month to visit his family. He took her to a nice restaurant and they spent the rest of the day together and caught up. She is a little bummed because he lives so far away and she doesn't know when she'll see him again. The good thing is......he knows about her past so she doesn't have to worry about that. She hopes to see him again especially after that good-bye kiss. Awwww.....young love is so sweet.

Now I have a dopey smile.......( :
Old 09-03-2007, 10:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Lobo

Isn't that great that your daughter has possibly rekindled a good healthy relationship?? I'm praying that the "goodnite kiss" will be enough for her to remember the good times!

I'm praying for you and her!

Hugs, Dev
Old 09-04-2007, 05:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
rozied

Hi Lo,
So glad to hear the date went well. You know if its meant to be btw your daughter & this guy the distance won't make a bit of difference. True love finds a way!!!

Love,
Diane
Praying for you & your daughter.