Notices

Things are supposed to be getting better

Old 09-02-2007, 06:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Things are supposed to be getting better

Im supposed to leave for a new job on wed. out of state But i feel like i should be checking into rehab instead. Somewhere where i am safe from myself. I just want to die. What is wrong here. There is something seriously wrong with me. I spent all the money i was supposed to use during the first 3 weeks because thats how long it will be befor i get paid again. My bank account is in the negative now. I just dont think i have it in me anymore. I just want to give up. I dont think theres any help for me anymore. I dont even get me anymore.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

I went back and checked out some of your posts to try to get to know you and your situation a little bit. I see that you did have several months sober, relapsed recently, and it's clear you're struggling to get back on track.

Moving into a new job in a new location would be difficult for anyone, even with many years of sobriety. Don't sell yourself short. They must have seen something worthwhile in you to give you this opportunity. You need to have faith in yourself.

Before you even leave for the new job, I would suggest you contact AA in that area...or, even go on-line to get information on meetings. Have a plan of action set up for yourself. Be sure to make the time to get to a meeting a day...you certainly found enough time to drink, no matter where you were.

Be sure to introduce yourself to anyone at the meetings as a newcomer to the area....whoever gives out the coffee, works in the kitchen, welcomes at the door, the group secretary/officers, etc. Look at it this way...I notice you've felt ill-at-ease at the meetings in your hometown...now, you'll be making a brand new start with folks who can't possibly judge you, because they don't know you. This may very well be your HP's way of giving you the opportunity you need to get back to basics.

Good luck...keep us posted!
Old 09-02-2007, 11:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yup. If I were you, I'd get really involved in the new towns' AA. Then, just work and go to AA.

Doesn't sound fun ? Consider the alternative.......Doesn't sound as if you're having too much fun ight now.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Is it possible that you think you should be taking care of yourself right now, instead of leaving for the job out of state? Only you know what is the right choice to make and I hope that you find the answer that works for you.