More updates

Old 09-01-2007, 06:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile More updates

As some of you know my RAD & her RABF got an apartment together in aug. These two knew each other when they were younger. Josh was on PINS & then emancieted (his choice) when he was 15. I wouldn't let him in my house when my daughter was in 8th grade. I told her he wouldn't be a good influence & such. He moved away & we didn't see him again untill last year when my daughter was in the halfway house. He was there as well. He had hit his bottom. He had lost most of what he had owned, had no car, and was living in a hotel room. He decided he couldn't live like that anymore & signed himslef in for help.

Josh has over 1 year clean, and is a big inspiration to the people in our area. On his one year aniversery he invited my husband & I to his home group meeting. He brought the house down with his speech. It was amazing. He has since been asked to speek at some of the "big" NA meetings in the area. He truley has a gift & is willing to share that gift with others. He has been very good for my daughter and he loves her for her. He has seen her at her worst & he was there for her. When my daughter had her own apartment, her & Josh were together on & off. My daughters choice, she wasn't in a good place with herself. Josh had seen her nod off at a meeting. He was over at her appartment to spend the night because he was going to get his wisdom teeth extracted & my daughter was to drive him. That night he had found syringes in her appartment. She took him to his appointment & when he was done, she wasn't in the waiting room. So he went outside thinking she was having a cigarette. He walked over to the car & found her sticking a syringe in her arm with herion. She ended up going in for medical detox that week & Josh was there for her & she has been clean since. He has seen her at her worst & was there.

Well, the other day I was at BJ's wholsale getting some stuff for my youngest daughter who we just moved into an appartment for college this week. I saw a bundle of blank cd's with an $8 instant rebate. I called Josh to see if that was the kind he used. My husband & I had seen him a few days before & noticed he had lost a little bit of weight. We talked for a min & he said "I really need to come over this week & talk to you & John." In his voice he just sounded tired, not his bubbly self. I said Josh, are you ok? He said yes. I said are you clean? He said yes. I said is Mikaela ok? He said yes. I said is she clean? He said yes. Now I was getting very worried. I said are you going to kick her out of the appartment or something? He said no, he just had to talk to us. I said I am very worried, what is going on? He said Geeeze, your wrecking this for me, I was going to tell you & John I love Mikaela & would like to make things permanent. Yesterday he asked John & I for our blessing for asking my daughter to marry him. He has lost a bit of weight because he has been working his butt off to get her a ring. He got it, & is going to take her up to these falls they love that is like in the middle of nowere for a picnic & to ask her to be his wife. I can't tell you how happy we are & how much we love him.

Ya know alot of mothers have the dream of their daughter marrying a Dr or a lawyer, but I honestly can't think of anyone else I'd rather see her with. Yeap a recovering addict/ alcoholic. I wanted to share this with you all because you guys are like family too. Also I want to give hope to those of you with children who seem like they might not get through their journey. Miricles do happen & I have 2 of them who could be husband & wife.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Helpus,

I am crying as I read this... maybe it's just menopause.....
I am such a sap for a great story, and this is.
Mikela and Josh are lucky to have found happiness.
Thanks so much for the inspirational story.
It does me good to hear that there can be light at the end of the tunnel.

Does your soon-to-be son-in-law have a brother or sister for us?

Colleen
Old 09-01-2007, 06:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for the update. What an inspirational story. I never give up hope for my daughter. I am so glad that your daughter has found someone who truly loves her for who she is.
I had to laugh when I read how you questioned Josh when he said he needed to talk to you and your husband. It reminded me of when my husband proposed to me. He told me that we needed to talk and I thought he wanted to break-up with me!! lol
Thanks again for sharing a wonderful experience and I pray they have a great life together.
Terri
Old 09-01-2007, 06:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

How wonderful! Congrats to you, and to the both of them
Old 09-01-2007, 06:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

oh, that was such great news! congradulations! Your daughter's getting Married!!!
*cough* that's if she sais yes I sappose...
Old 09-01-2007, 06:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Helpus, Just a great big thank-you. You know what this means to me so I won't elaborate. You have been there. Hugs, Marle
Old 09-01-2007, 07:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you for such a great story and update. I pray that she says yes and that they have a wonderful life together. You must be so happy right now. It is a story to remind the rest of us that miracles do happen.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

oh, reading stories like this makes all warm and fuzzy.

congrats!!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2007, 09:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have tears in my eyes....

as i read your post, I kept thinking "Please let this have a good ending..."
instead....It has a good beginning!!

I am so happy for you and your daughter and her soon-to-be fiance'

congratulations to those two wonderful young people
I wish them the best that life has to offer...serene clean time together
Old 09-01-2007, 06:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

What a precious story. I am so happy for everyone of you!!
Old 09-01-2007, 08:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((((Helpus)))))))))

lol. I couldn't help it. I was reading so fast. Trying to get the end. To find out if this was good news or bad news.
Turns out it's....

Yippy! I'm so happy for Mikaela and Josh, and of course, you. lol
Please tell them both God Bless and Congratulations from us here.
A truly inspiring and happy story. I'm thrilled for you.

Hugs,
Linda
Old 09-02-2007, 05:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

So glad to hear the good news.
Thanks for sharing your story of hope.
You have given me hope.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

((((((A))))))))

I'm soooooooo incredibly happy to be reading this...But you know what? All I keep thinking is please...I hope Mikaela said yes! Did she???

Sending lots of hugs to you and Josh and Mikaela...I hope this is the beginning of a beautiful life together. I just warms my heart...I think you know how much.

Much love, Anne Marie
Old 09-03-2007, 06:16 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. Anne Marie, He will ask her this week. They both worked all weekend. Josh was originally going to ask her this coming sunday, but he forgot he has tickets to a Bills game that day. He really wants to do the picnic at the falls, so he will be doing it someday this week after they get out of work. I will let you know her answer as soon as it's offical.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

I can't think of anything more romantic and special than a marriage proposal at the falls...He's a special guy, for sure.

Wow, so you have to keep this secret from her all week....You must be ready to burst! I'll be on pins and needles all week

Hugs
Old 09-03-2007, 10:43 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
On a tear

(((Helpus))))

No coincidences, eh?

My daughter met her husband at rehab, and they have been together since. I would not have thought I would pick another addict to marry my baby. It was not in my plan. But Someone bigger, smarter and better than me in every way put this one together. Some things are EXACTLY as they are supposed to be.

I wish your daughter the very best... it sounds like she is starting out right!

((hugs))
Old 09-04-2007, 10:28 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi HelpUs

What an inspiring story!! I was so scared when I was reading it especially when I read the part where Josh wanted to come over (and his losing weight). I could hardly breath. I thought for sure you were going to say that he had used again! Needless to say, I was so happy that I was wrong.

Like you, I know I would have ruined his surprise too, as I would have questioned him just as you did until he told me what was going on!

Thank the Lord for miracles and thank you for the inspiring post.

Prayers to you all

Hugs, Devastated