Notices

New guy here

Old 08-31-2007, 08:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New guy here

Hey my names pete, Im 18, I go a career technical school to learn the trade of welding. I am currently a drug addict and I am watching my friend slowly but surely, kill himself.

Here is the story of my drug use

I started using drugs 3 years ago, the first substance i ever used was alcohol, I would drink with friends and have a good time or steal some of it from my parents. Then I started taking my brothers medication, adderall, and my mothers ambien and literaly fell in love with those drugs. Over the course of about 2 years I was in and out of psychiatric wards because I would feel depressed and cut myself, I finally stood up and beat that illness like a man. Last year I developed a taste for pain pills and continued to fortify my addiction to weed. I really just want to quit doing drugs because I know in the future I could be him. I realize now he needs a friend, and a sober one.

So now, I do what evers available, I realize iam highly addicted to pot and speed and I believe its time for me to step up.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Pete! I'm glad you have made a first big step in admitting you have a problem.That takes courage.

Stick around and read and post as much as you want.You will find a lot of info and support here.

I am not a drug addict-I'm an alcoholic-but there are plenty of people here who will be along soon to share and support you with it too.

Glad you found us,

Jules
Old 08-31-2007, 10:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Pete, and welcome. Your in the right place. Keep reading and posting.

Barb
Old 08-31-2007, 10:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hey pete!!

welcome!! thats awesome that you want to help your friend, but you need to help yourself first and it sounds like you are ready to do so!! just a short story, a couple of years ago there was a kid i met in the rooms of aa, he was your age, just graduated from hs. he was trying to kick his drug problems as well, one day he obviously decided that maybe he could handle it, he overdosed and died. he was from ohio too. i know its a depressing story but that is the truth of addiction. he prolly had no intent to kill himself, it was prolly just another normal night of using for him... its just sad. we have great aa in ohio, i have been to meetings all around here. there are also lots of young people! check it out!! it coudnt hurt anything. and if youre not ready you know that you will have a place to go when u are!!

good luck!!