Notices

Day 5 and tougher...

Old 08-31-2007, 03:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5 and tougher...

this time around. I was so resolved the last time I decided to stop that I made it to almost a month with just a few passing difficult moments, but this time is totally different. Last night I was simply dying for a drink. I put off the craving until about 9PM (they always start late afternoon) even with my husband drinking in front of me, and then I said to hell with it and decided to make a martini. Luckily for me, my husband had already finished the last of the vodka. I was angry, opened the cabinet and debated pouring a glass of something else. I didn't.

This time I'm so incredibly irritable, snapping at everyone and everything. I've begun to dread waking up every day. Knowing I can't drink has me miserable. I keep trying to remind myself how miserable I am AFTER drinking, and how much more I'll appreciate life once I'm sober for a longer time.

I was on Lexapro for a while, which worked wonders for the depression. I ended up gained about 40 lbs, though, and my blood pressure became an issue. I'm considering meds again, but don't want the weight gain. Tried Wellbutrin but found mself wanting to drive myself and my car into trees!

Anyway -- feeling the way I do right now, I know that tonight will be tough. I thought I'd come here to vent a bit...

My husband will be coming in any moment with a new bottle and I do and DON'T want it. AAAAGGGHHHH!!!!!

Thanks for listening.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey New Leaf,

It's good to see you. Would your husband consider not bringing booze in the house? Doesn't he see how much harder it is on you when he does? I would find that really hard.
If you think you need meds, talk to your doc. There are many anti d's and not all cause weight gain.
When your husband gets home, can you go out for a while?
You really need to do something you enjoy, even if it's only to distract you from drinking. Can you go for a walk? Visit a friend? Go to a movie?
Don't give in - you already how to think the drink through, and you know it doesn't solve anything long-term.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Rowan.

No booze in the house will never happen. He enjoys it too much and although he knows it's so hard for me, the most he can do is say sorry. I've tried to convince him to not drink with me during the week to lose weight, and he can't make it for any longer than a few days. Part of me wonders if, he too, may have a problem he doesn't want to see or admit. I'm really not sure.

Anyway -- I may be able to go out. Sad thing is -- the only time I get to see him in the evenings, he's got a drink in his hand. During the days, he's out -- even most weekends.

Oh well.

I will try, though. I know you're right.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
believer

Hey, i've lost years and years doing other things...All i can tell you is don't waist your precious life, don't let it go to a place too far...ok?

take care of yourself...your health is first than any conventional need for alcohol, that is bull, compared to the reality life faces..He should get that....
Old 08-31-2007, 03:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hey new leaf!! can u make it to a meeting tonight?
Old 08-31-2007, 03:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Laurenlanai25

I actually checked. Part of my problem is that I drop off and pick kids up most nights. The only meeting around her begins at 8 and I need to pick up at 8:30.

The nights the kids aren't right around the corner are always better. I always volunteer to drive so I'm forced to watch their soccer, riding lesson, rehearal, etc. rather than being home drinking.

I tried going to a 10am meeting this past week (Monday, in fact) and couldn't find the location. I'll be looking into that one more, later.

Anyway -- he just walked in with the bag of new stuff. Posting's helped, though.

Thanks.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hang around, NL. If you can't get out, and he's drinking, stay here.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Will do, Rowan. Thanks again.

Liz
Old 08-31-2007, 04:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Liz! Thanks for sharing that, friend.

I saw you in Bottoms - come hang out there if you like - there's always plenty of action.

I can't wait for chat to actually be up and running - then we can talk in real time.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

yeah hang out with us...theres almost always someone there, Liz

D
Old 08-31-2007, 06:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Dee --

Just posted there, as a matter of fact! ...just busting Gypsy's shoes, yanking her chain...

Anyway -- I'm going to sign off right now and get to bed while I'm happy.

Being here got me there...

Thanks, and Good Night.

L
Old 08-31-2007, 06:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

<looks around for Gypsy Tears>

those are both very good things to do

D
Old 08-31-2007, 08:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hang in there Liz.You are doing so well.I'm really glad you joined us in bottoms-it's so great to laugh and just fool around sometimes.

I'm thinking of you,

Love,

Julesxox
Old 08-31-2007, 10:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

New Leaf, don't give up, keep the good work up. If you really want it, it will happen.

Barb
Old 09-01-2007, 07:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
trying to get it..

hang in there..it does get batter...the effects linger for a while and that’s natural......it happened to me..I shook off most of the obvious effects at about day 14 ........hang tough...
Old 09-01-2007, 07:13 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Liz.

Thats gotta be tough having a drinker in the house. I wouldnt like that at all!

Day 5 is HARD hun, it honestly does get better!
Old 09-01-2007, 07:22 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi New Leaf,

You're doing well! I remember feeling just like you do and being convinced things would never change. But, I found that each time I got through an episode like that, the next one was just a little bit easier. I don't think there's any way around it - just hang on and get through it. As for the meds, if you need them, don't give up on that either. It took me several tries to get a med that worked for me, but it was worth it in the end.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:01 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hey ! I feel like the stone of Newleaf's thread. What's going on here ?

How are you doing today Newleaf ? That's hard having someone that drinks in the house while you're trying to quit. I don't know what to tell you except that you can only control you and what you do and don't do. You don't have to drink just because it's there... the temptation does sick ass though. Stick around sr if you can't or don't go to meetings. It helps .
Old 09-01-2007, 08:05 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
let it grow!

support out, newleaf. you can do this...

hugs, k
Old 09-01-2007, 08:20 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
simplysober

hi new leaf
im on day 6, i am sorry that you have so much temptation in a place that should be a safe haven for you. Im always on late, cant sleep lately- hang in there and you will make it, there is so much support here

hugs
maria