He Called

Old 08-30-2007, 07:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He Called

Well I got a call from my exah on Sat afternoon. It has been 4 months since I have heard anything from him. I really had no idea who it was on the other end of the phone until he told me. I was so stund. He was calling from a pay phone in another city, said he was having a real bad day and just needed to talk to a friend. I just listened, he cried and cried. A real lost sole, I said I am sorry but there is nothing I can do for you to help, he said he didn't want anything from me just was glad that I will talk to him and listen. He is living on the street, even his travel trailor is gone now, his truck and his eye glasses, plus he is hiding from the police because he has a warrant out for him for robbing gas. He said he felt like crawling into a hole and dying...I said you are not planning on doing anything are you, he said oh no, I still have losts of fight in me.

I don't know how far in life I go ahead or what I overcome, I don't think that I will ever get to a point that it stops grabbing a place in my heart.

Rose
Old 08-30-2007, 07:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

I feel the same way ((Rose)).
Sending a prayer for your exah.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
cmc

((Rose))
I'm so sorry to hear how far he has fallen and how much that must hurt you.
Add my prayers for your ex to find his way off the streets and to get some help.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

rose, i am sorry he is still doing the same ole things. i will say a prayer for him. i will pray for you also. continue to take care of yourself.you are doing great, hugs,
Old 08-30-2007, 09:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't think our recovery ever makes us untouched by the sadness of these disease progressing completely out of control. I'm very sorry for the pain you feel and so sorry for his circumstances too. I too will pray for him and for comfort for you. Hugs...
Old 08-30-2007, 09:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You just fight so darn hard to stop the maddness....trying to save them from getting to this point or saving yourself from seeing this point....but I don't think there is anything to ever prepare you from the real shock of it all....I had only hoped that over the last 4 months he was pulling himself together not going down further....

There was nothing in the conversation of threats what so ever. I do pray for him too, I have been thinking night after night as to where he is sleeping, just something he has to figure out but I still have it in me to want to jump in and fix it all, but I just have to close my eyes and hope hope

Rose
Old 08-31-2007, 02:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Rose, my son too lived on the street, several times even in the Canadian winter and I know that at times like that our anger can only turn to compassion as we see the devastating affects of the disease of addiction.

What I learned, Rose, is that there is help for them even on the street. There are hostels where they can get food and a warm bed and where there are counsellors for those who need to talk or who want to find a program to deal with their addiction.

It isn't pretty but in many cases it is the bottom they need to find. When all else is gone and all that is left is them and their addiction. This low time in their life may be just the time that saves them, we never know.

Your ex is in my prayers, as are you, Rose. God bless the addict who still suffers.

Hugs
Old 08-31-2007, 05:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

I pray this is his bottom and he (your XAH) will follow the path to recovery.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Add my prayers too Rose
Its hard for me to see a total stranger in those circumstances, let alone someone you know...and love.
Your prayers are about all you can do, I'll add mine
(((Hugs)))
Cece
Old 08-31-2007, 06:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
let it grow!

prayers, k
Old 08-31-2007, 06:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Rose,
Sending prayers that your exah will finally go for the help he needs. Praying that he has or will hit his rock bottom soon.
It tugs at your heart since you are such a loving and caring person.
Hugs and prayers coming to you
Old 08-31-2007, 06:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Adding my prayers to ((((Rose))))
Old 08-31-2007, 08:09 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

Aww, Rose.
I'm sorry sweetie.
Yes, they do have a tendency to pull at our heartstrings. My exah was doing that for a while before he got locked back up.
There is nothing you can do for them, I'm afraid. Just listening and offering support is the best way to handle it, I guess.
My exah's birthday was the 22nd and he spent it in jail. Alone, I'm sure.
I wish he could get his life together. The man is 46 and doesn't have a pot to pi$$ in, I'm afraid.
Your a good woman with a heart of gold, Rose.
Just be careful not to let your emotions cause you to "give" in to anything you might regret later.
Just worried and concerned about you, my friend.
Love and big hugs to you,

Maybe going to jail is not such a bad thing where he's concerned.
A "time-out" may be just what "they" need sometimes.
lol. Lord, I sound like the mother of a 3 yo, don't I?
lol
Love ya.