Notices

Feeling awful this morning

Old 08-29-2007, 03:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling awful this morning

Hi gang,

I worked on the computer all day yesterday, then took a (strong) pain pill to deal with the resultant hand and arm pain.

Wow did it knock me for a loop! I guess when you are not seasoned in alcohol things really affect you, and I am very down on myself for giving in. I know that this pain in my hands is something I am going to have to deal wih the rest of my life, but I am going to have to try some healthier remedies.

Thanks for listening,
Jhana
Old 08-29-2007, 03:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Jhana, dont be down on yourself.

Things knock me for a loop too now, I was amazed when a herbal tablet affected me for example!
Old 08-29-2007, 05:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Jhana, I don't have words of wisdom to offer, but I wanted to tell you that I will be sending good vibes your way today.

I often feel when I am journalling that my thoughts spill out almost before they are fully formed in my mind,as if they are coming straight from my soul, and I find myself writing endlessly, "Be gentle with yourself". Just wanted to share that with you today.

hugs, Jomey
Old 08-29-2007, 05:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jhana, sometimes it's completely appropriate to use pain meds in our lives. Be kind to yourself.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

jhana there is no need to beat yourself up over dealing with legitemate pain with legal means taken as prescribed.

There is not a single recovery program I have ever heard of that said to take no pain medications, there are indivduals who are of that opinion.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
believer

If you feel unwell with the pain killers, there are other things...i think..but it takes time to find natural remedies for example..i know there are pharmacy gels you can put on the hand to take a little of the pain..when i ran i used to get some pain in some bones, twice it helped me a lot..the portuguese name was Nifluril..i think..

this link is french, but put the name on your american google, it might help....
http://www.doctissimo.fr/medicament-...L%20gelule.htm

i think chinese herbs and other stuff are good too..over here we have some natural herbs stores that are good at that...

other than this i am confident you'll feel better.i've heard that good thinking can cover pain in some way..take care
Old 08-29-2007, 09:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
outtahere

Do you use an ergonomic wrist rest for the keyboard and/or mouse?

Try Oat Extract. Contrast bathing your hands/wrists would be of great help.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Mega Hugs and Prayers
(+) (+) (+)
Old 08-29-2007, 10:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

You didn't drink...you didn't drug. You used a legitimate pain remedy...but, everyone's body reacts differently...especially when we are free of alcohol and/or other drugs. If you had an adverse reaction, talk to your doc about another way to combat the pain. You needn't be a martyr just because you're in recovery!
Old 08-29-2007, 09:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Jhana, I have no words of advice. Just wanted to let you know that I also live with chronic pain in my arm and back. I almost didn't come back into recovery because of it. I glad i did though. I just wanted to let you know that your not alone.

Barb
Old 08-30-2007, 05:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi Jhana .How's the arm/ hand today? Why do you think you're down on yourself? You are allowed to have pain relief... but looking for healthier options is a good idea too.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

(((((((((((Jhana))))))))))))
Old 08-30-2007, 11:17 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

I don't deal with pain well...I've always had a low pain threshhold. The older I get, the more arthritic aches and pains I have. So, I'm thinking of buying stock in whoever makes Tylenol...Lord knows I use enough of it. I'm not sure if it works or not...could be psychological...but, I'll keep taking it nevertheless.