Just checking in. . .

Old 08-28-2007, 05:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Let me grow up.

Just checking in. . .

Funny how time flies. It's been two weeks since my last entry but then again I've been pleasantly distracted As for my exAGF's alleged drug relapse. . .didn't even happen. Her mom was over-reacting. Yes, she had still been going to her groups and in taking someone's advice I joined her again on one of those days and got to speak to her psychiatrist who assured me that my exAGF (again current RAGF) has been making excellent progress. So much so that they gave her the option of no longer going to group as a mandatory part of her recovery. She still goes on occasion though of her own free-will and she's joined a NA group.

She's been clean 48 days!

She's been staying with me every weekend though and is still going strong. I must apologize for my skepticism and doubts. Though I imagine they're a natural consequence but for those of you who are still skeptical of her capability to make a full recovery, I hope you might exercise some optimism and for those of you who think she can do it; thanks for the support. I hope you're all doing well and God Bless!

Last edited by newblue82; 08-28-2007 at 05:46 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 08-28-2007, 07:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

As for the "skepticism", I think addicts teach us to be that way.
Don't be too hard on yourself.
Im glad she's stayed clean for this long. Hopefully she's at a turning point!
Old 08-28-2007, 08:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you are both doing so well. I think every day clean helps the body and soul to heal. Hopefully her good program will help her to continue to accept her powerlessness over drugs. She is powerless (as are we) but not helpless. Lots of positive thoughts going out for continued positive outcomes for you both.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Your RAGF may stick to recovery. Time will tell and I hope she is one who finds her way out of the maze of addiction to sobriety; and she will if she wants it AND wants to. Wishing her and you the best on this, truly.

My XABF will never seek sobriety. I understand this completely. He is 53 and has been an addict for 40 years. He is very good at being an addict and it is literally all he knows and it is his identity. He will die an active addict unless he is in jail or a hospital and dies there. Personally, I don't really care. I am done with him and with relationships with alcoholics and addicts, recovering or otherwise. That is my choice and that choice satisfies me fine.

Active addicts who never recover are what teach us skepticism.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

No need to worry what we think, we're supportive regardless.

good luck
Old 08-29-2007, 06:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing your good news. I'm glad to hear that your gf didn't relapse. I hope she continues on this path and uses all resources available to her to help her stay clean. Keep us posted on how things are going. I always love to hear the positive stories!