Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

Feel a little blue tonight? What are you going to do about it?

Old 08-28-2007, 05:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ICU

Dump it here....

I'll start...

I'm pissed that I've spent the last 40+ years of my life following in footsteps created by my upbringing and making bad choices because of it.

I'm done dealing with it...tomorrow I'm going to do something nice for myself....

I'm going to treat myself to a walk in the park (weather permitting), let my best friend of over 30 years introduce me (via email) to a male friend who's looking to meet someone nice, and, have Mexican food for dinner.....

How about you???
Old 08-28-2007, 05:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hmmm. I am not feeling blue. In fact, I've been feeling great AND it's sunny outside. I'm planning to play and laugh with my baby girl, cook me up some fresh Alaskan salmon, leaf through an old InStyle article about the beautiful and confident Queen Latifa, and generally chill.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ICU

That's cool an'ka. BTW, it's nice to meet someone from Alaska!! I'd just love to visit there one day.

I love salmon, although sometimes it doesn't like me, LOL...'allergic' reaction. Sounds like you've got your night planned. Enjoy your time with your baby girl...that's what's important!
Old 08-28-2007, 05:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

darn it, i'm blue too!

i'm sick of trusting and counting on people who clearly can't be there for me when i need them, despite the numerous times i've been there for them in the past. it makes me so angry.

well... tonight, i'm going to bring out a puzzle and work on it while watching tv and listening to music. tomorrow, i plan to go out to lunch with work friends and then possibly hit the mall. that always makes me feel better!

i think an'ka should invite us all up to alaska for some fresh salmon... sounds good to me!
Old 08-28-2007, 05:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

I hear ya!!
Great post!!!
I am very tired all the time because of work and taking care of grand baby.
I think I will take this weekend and sleep all day. Maybe stay in bed and read. Just REST.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Mmmmmm Salmon! InThisForMe you will have it made honey-Alaska and then next year the Jersey shore with me and ICU you coming too?

I would not say that I'm feeling blue per say.....a bit stressed over a few things going on in life with my job, bills....but I'm working them out! At least trying too!

I cannot stand feeling stressed!

I was glad to see two very good girlfriends of mine tonight, that made me smile! And I'm going to lay in bed shortly with my new quilt and my little doggie!
Old 08-28-2007, 06:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yum! Salmon! Count me in!
I'm feeling blue tonight, too. I've been dwelling way to much on XAH, his situation, his troubles, and mostly how his behavior affects the kids.
Enough.
Starting this minute, I'm done. He's taken up way too much of my time. It's time for this "parent" to stop parenting him like I do with my my real kids.
Starting this minute, with the help of my HP, I won't let him steal another minute from me. It's time to say goodbye to him totally, and embrace everything I have going for me with the clear, free mind I deserve.
Tonight I'm getting to bed early. This weekend I'm going to a craft FAir, and a cookout. I also plan to do lots of drawing and to curl up on the couch with a juicy Lifetime movie. And to walk, walk, walk the dogs.
Did I mention the chocolate????????????
Old 08-28-2007, 06:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InThisForMe View Post
darn it, i'm blue too!

i'm sick of trusting and counting on people who clearly can't be there for me when i need them, despite the numerous times i've been there for them in the past. it makes me so angry.

I'm so sick of this too!! I'm sick of letting people manipulate me and I'm sick of letting myself fall for the manipulative lines.

I'm going to take a bubble bath and watch a movie

Oh and I've already done one other positive thing...I've talked with my family about what happened today, this includes a relative of mine who is a priest and is also in the program.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
ICU

Yes....that's it...keep it up everyone...I'm feeling better already!
Old 08-28-2007, 06:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
full of hope

Count me in on the salmon!

I'm such a lovely shade of blue it's starting to look normal on me. I hate that!

So, what am I going to do about it?! What a good question, ICU.

I think I'm going to take a long, hot shower and wash the blue off and then just in case it decides to come back I'm going to hurry up and curl up in bed with my favorite book and let it take me away.

Tomorrow......I'm not even going there.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
full of hope

Originally Posted by chero View Post
Tomorrow......I'm not even going there.
that is right now anyway....
Old 08-28-2007, 06:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My blueness:
my agf (god bless her heart) is an idiot and may have a warrant out for her arrest because she missed the court date for a ticket (NOT a dui/dwi, at least she's smart enough to never drive under the influence), but hasn't called or gone in to find out what her status is. She's thinking they'll write her off as a "dumb kid" and give her another date, even though it's one of 7 tickets thus far in 2007.

What I'm going to do:
eat a great big bowl of ice cream and smile a lot because I am in no way accountable, and she can't try to make me be.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm pissed that I've spent the last 40+ years of my life following in footsteps created by my upbringing and making bad choices because of it.

I'm done dealing with it...tomorrow I'm going to do something nice for myself....

When I'm feeling really down and blue I love listening to jazz. There's a healing quality to it I can't describe. One of my favs is a cut by Miles Davis called "Blue Miles." Other favs are by Charles LLoyd "The River is Wide" and Pharoah Sanders "Kazuko". Alice Coltrane's "Universal Consciousness" Cd does it for me too. It touches me to the core and leaves me in a state of total awe.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

It is not right that those of us who are good people get fooled into believing that we are horrible people. I say we take it back tonight!!
Old 08-28-2007, 06:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
ICU

You guys are great! And I agree with you 100% MTBchick. Hey, are we kicking butt here tonight or what???? Ooops...can I say that here?
Old 08-28-2007, 06:39 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
ICU

Chero,

Like Scarlett says "tomorrow is another day". Worry about that then, but in the meantime, enjoy 'tonight'...whatever it takes. :-)
Old 08-28-2007, 06:48 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rella927 View Post
InThisForMe you will have it made honey-Alaska and then next year the Jersey shore with me and ICU you coming too?
i'll be there with bells on!
Old 08-28-2007, 06:50 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by guineapigjude View Post
Starting this minute, with the help of my HP, I won't let him steal another minute from me. It's time to say goodbye to him totally, and embrace everything I have going for me with the clear, free mind I deserve.
YEAH! that's exactly what i needed to hear someone say tonight!
Old 08-28-2007, 06:56 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

How about tonight all of us pray for one another and pray that justice may be brought to all of our lives.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:37 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
ICU

Well, let's see....walk in the park...done! Mexican food for dinner...in the works! Hmmm... that just leaves the introduction thing pending. Well, that's not in my control, so I won't worry about that.

You folks all have some great things planned....love the salmon, visit to Alaska and the jersey shore suggestions (count me in)...chocolate is ALWAYS good, as are puzzle books, music, baths, rest, ice cream, curling up with the dog, and you certainly can't forget about the power of prayer.

I love that the simpliest of things can really make a difference. I hope you all enjoy whatever it is you choose to do.

Now, onto tomorrow's 'nice things to do for myself' list. Hmmmm......I think I'm onto something here.....it's all up to 'me' to treat myself right, isn't it? And, and....maybe I shouldn't wait until I feel a little blue to do nice things for myself? Maybe, I should do at least one or two nice little things for myself...dare I say...everyday?????

Nah, I should probably just wait for someone else to do nice things for me.....NOT!!!