Divorce court (finally!) today

Old 08-28-2007, 03:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Divorce court (finally!) today

Finally, we had court!!
Court was postponed in July as there wasn't going to be a judge. I had to wait a whole month.
A month that included another trip for him to detox. And a short 2 week sobriety too. Of course he couldn't handle it and returned to drinking.
He called last week wanting to talk about things as the lawyers were trying to work something out outside of court. The 2 main points were sole vs. joint custody of the kids and of course amount for child support.
When he called last week he first called at 9:00 and I thought he was done talking- no he calls again at 10:30p.m. the night before school started and the kids were trying to sleep. He of course wanted to talk and I said I didn't want to talk at this time of night and if he wanted to talk he needed to call me earlier in the evening than this. He of course swore a lot and didn't really listen to anything I had to say. I of course was almost laughing at this whole conversation & then he finally got mad enough and hung up.
He called Friday or Saturday night and thought things were worked out - no - he didn't meet with his lawyer like he was supposed to on Thursday so missed the update. So when he called me he just asked if he was supposed to be there today or not. As we talked he realized that things weren't worked out and said, "I guess I have to be there and find a way to get up there" (since he didn't have a license).

So I didn't know what to expect today - I prepared myself for either happening, him showing up (drunk or sober) or not showing up at all. Of course true to form he...

Didn't show up.

We still had court and I had to plead my case before the judge - he will make a ruling and then we will see.

Now I just keep my fingers crossed. I don't know how long this will take, so I just wait.

I did find out that he was in town last night, so he found a way up here from whatever town he was working in. Of course where was he - at the bar in town. I don't feel sorry for him at all. How lovely - instead of fighting for his kids he would rather be drunk, how sad is that.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hope all will turn out well for you and your children. The waiting is the hardest part sometimes.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

I don't know your history here, but I do know that I began a new, and much better life after my divorce. I no longer have the chaos and the turmoil, fear and headaches.
I wish you the best.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hope the ruling comes out well, not showing is certainly not going to work in his favor.