I'm CRABBY

Old 08-28-2007, 06:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Angry I'm CRABBY

I have no idea why, but I woke up CRABBY. I had some unpleasant and stressful dreams ~ with no obvious meaning, but I'm sure they meant something ~ and I am just plain crabby this morning.

I know that I am allowed to feel crabby... and that I should just SIT with my crabbiness awhile... but I don't LIKE feeling crabby! I am at work, so I can't just BE crabby. I have to be pleasant to my clients.

Later today I will take my pups to the dog park. I might find a friend and go to lunch. Who knows.

but right now? I"m just plain CRABBY.

~Crabby Cats

PS. Why do they call it Crabby anyway? How did Crabs get such a bad rap?
Old 08-28-2007, 06:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

cats, even crabby your sense of humor is intact .............How did crabs get such a bad rap?

Sounds like lunch and the dog park are a good plan for you, hope you feel less crabby soon.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Crabby, for me, usually means I need to take a break and do something wonderful for myself, something very un-crabby.

Crabby days are okay, as long as we don't hang out there long.

I have an idea...let's just go down to the shore and ask those old crabs what THEY do to have fun.

Hugs and Lobster Bisque.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

boy oh boy do you ever sound like me. Hope the feeling passes quickly for ya
Old 08-28-2007, 06:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hummmm.......

Could you be feeling a lil' crabby because...ummm..(((whispering))) you have your dress stuck in your pantyhose?? Only kidding, I hope as your day goes on that your mood gets better. ....you know..On another note, when i use to wake up feeling like that...my son, when he was younger use to say....What's wrong Mrs. Grumpy Gills..as he sucked his face in like a fish!! It always use to make me smile!!
Old 08-28-2007, 07:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Could you be feeling a lil' crabby because...ummm..(((whispering))) you have your dress stuck in your pantyhose??
Humph. I have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about.

I have decided, in my next life, I want to be one of those people who don't / can't EAT when they are stressed. I want to be one of those people who seek OUT exercise to work off stress.

Um, that's not me. (see avatar) Perhaps I will stop by the YMCA and see how they are spending my $45 donation each month.

~Crabby Cats
Old 08-28-2007, 07:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Cats, I think it is because crabs and crabby people both have that same menacing look about them and so people back away. Don't want to get pinched Anyway I hope that something happens to make your day a bit brighter. I have not had a crabby day in a long time. But then again my AD has not been in my life since.....maybe some connection there. Hugs, Marle
Old 08-28-2007, 05:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hug giver-outer!

You are entitled to a crabby day! Imagine if all of us who have a crabby day met on the same day??? The vibes would probably kill us! lol
Old 08-28-2007, 05:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Long ago and far away, a man got the crabs. He itched and scratched and as so very miserable. When the next door neighbor came to see what was going on, the poor man said, "I have crabs, so, I'm crabby"
That's how it all started.

Oh, maybe it was the fisherman who caught a bunch of crabs that got out of the bucket and got all over him.
When his fellow fisherman asked what his friend's problem was with the crabs, the fisherman said, "Im crabby"

Actually it's all a lie. I have no idea how crabs got a bad rap.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((Crab Lady)))))))

Sorry your crabby, Cats.

I'm kinda crabby, too.

Guess we could both use some cheering up, huh?

Sending love and prayers for an uncrabby day tomorrow.

Love ya,

Old 08-28-2007, 06:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Originally Posted by CatsPajamas View Post
Perhaps I will stop by the YMCA and see how they are spending my $45 donation each month.
Cats, I recall the year that the gym owner had the nerve to call me and tell me I had only been TWICE that year, so each visit cost me only 134 buckarooskies! Ouch. And she had the nerve to repeat that to Mr. Hangin'! I should have dropped a dumbell on her head just for that.

It's okay to have crabby days, just so you decide not to have a string of them. Sometimes I just need to feel the feelings but remind myself not to stay there.

Got a great book today by Max Lucado..."Every Day Deserves a Chance". Yeah, yeah, I know. If you're still crabby you don't want to hear about any ole "give today a chance" book. So maybe tomorrow check it out...

And here is something absolutely precious that I know will make you smile. Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3buLQoCN6KY

You watch that and tell me you didn't smile. If you didn't, Cats, well, I just can't help ya, honey.

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 08-28-2007, 06:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

OH
MY
GOSH !!!

Hangin, you made me smile. That is just precious. Surely. hee hee

Love ya
Crabby Cats
Old 08-28-2007, 09:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hangin' that is "shirley" precious...I want to take her home!

Cat, Hope the crabby feelings are finding their way out the door. I had that crabby bout last week when the weather was so darn dreary (and I somehow messed up my back, ouch) Does a walk count as exercise? Cause walking is just the bestest way possible to feel better...truly....promise. Well, chocolate may be a tad better

I'm not sure how I lived without Google...of course I had to check out word origins for crabby...
" it derives from crabbed, which itself means, etymologically, "crooked or wayward gait of a crab" and the several figurative senses that follow from that (disagreeable, contrary, ill-tempered, or crooked). One of those senses might have been applied to the fruit of the crab apple: not right, not pleasant, ill-flavored...because crab apples are very sour and astringent. Feeling crabby now? That dates from the late 18th century. Thomas Paine used it in his Common Sense: "The narrow and crabby spirit of a despairing political party."
Old 08-29-2007, 02:37 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh, that's just great, Greet. Now I have this mental image of Cat walking like a crab....and you KNOW I've met her so the image is very real and scratching at my brain.

And Hangin', you never fail to crack me up and I truly believe that given the chance you would drop that dumbell on the dumbell who made such a cruel remark, bless her heart. *said in my best southern twang with Canadian north sneaking in, eh?*

But that precious little girl just tops everything. I just love kids at that age, they are so beautifully innocent and you never know what they are going to say.

Well, it's a new day, Cat, and I hope the crabs are gone.

Hugs
Old 08-29-2007, 04:51 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

cats, today is another day. i hope you did something fun when you got off work...like go out for seafood!!!! i hope today is better.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:00 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Living in the light

Wink

Yes, a new day has dawned. Good morning Cats.
A woman's entitled to be crabby especially during the the big M.

I'm willing to bet even Sainted Mother Theresa got crabby during the change.
Attached Images
File Type: gif
crabby.gif (7.1 KB, 27 views)
Old 08-29-2007, 05:06 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Living in the light

Just couldn't bring myself to post this in the above post.
After all dear Mother Theresa is a Saint.

With apologies to my friend Linda for being a copy cat. LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
th_untitled.jpg (4.3 KB, 26 views)
Old 08-29-2007, 05:15 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Living in the light

Maxine rocks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
maxine2.jpg (4.1 KB, 26 views)
Old 08-29-2007, 06:01 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thanks all of you. I am feeling better today. I especially appreciate the history of "crabby". I am a googler for just about everything - I'm surprised I didn't look it up myself!

The cartoons made me grin, and that darling video of the little girl made me smile out loud.

Thanks for being here, all of you. You're my bestest friends.

~ Almost done being Crabby Cats
Old 08-29-2007, 06:58 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Now I have this mental image of Cat walking like a crab....and you KNOW I've met her so the image is very real and scratching at my brain.
Ann, I haven't met her inperson, so my image is of the avatar lady, complete with dress tucked in undies, walking sideways and pinching with her fingers...Oh my!

Happy it is almost not crabby Cat today!