Language of Letting Go - August 27

Old 08-27-2007, 02:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Language of Letting Go - August 27

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Procrastination

Procrastination - not acting when the time is right - is a self-defeating behavior. It produces anxiety, guilt, disharmony, and a nagging consciousness of the task that life is telling us it's time to do.

We are not always procrastinating when we put off doing something. Sometimes, doing a thing before the time is right can be as self-defeating as waiting too long.

We can learn to discern the difference. Listen to yourself. Listen to the Universe. What is past due and creating anxiety and prodding within you?

Is there something in your life you are avoiding because you don't want to face it? Is there a building anxiety from putting this off?

Sometimes anger, fear, or feeling helpless can motivate procrastination. Sometimes, procrastination has simply become habitual.

Trust and listen to yourself, your Higher Power, and the Universe. Watch for signs and signals. If it is time to do something, do it now. If it is not yet time, wait until the time is right.

God, help me learn to be on time and in harmony with my life. Help me tune in to and trust Divine Timing and Order.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©1990, Hazelden Foundation.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Whoa boy, I was and can still be the Queen of Procrastination. I hate it that I am this way, but I can put off the smallest little somewhat unpleasant task until it becomes a big problem and suffer all the while I am doing this. That doesn't make sense as I write it, but it's how I can be and I know I need to work on this....a lot of work will be needed to change.

I'd share more, but I have to go make my coffee now so maybe later, or maybe tomorrow, or maybe....well you know how it works.

Hugs