Notices

getting my coin...for 30 days

Old 08-26-2007, 06:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face getting my coin...for 30 days

i got my 30 day coin on thursday night but my 30 days where actually 2 days before that. i was so happy. then i worked yet another split shift last bight and hung out with friends until like 5 this moning and had to be to work at 9:30am. so i have been awake since yesterday morning. anyways, last night, we where all just hangin out and having a good time when an old friend walked into fryin pan (thats where we all hang ot at night) and she was so drunk and her eyes where bloodshot and everything. she flipped on me cuz i was sober. then while i was in the bathroom i decided to call my ex boyfriend and i didnt know she was in there...i got into a huge fight with him and he made me cry and said that i better watch my back. she came out of the stall and hugged me and said she was so sorry because she knows that drinking and drugging is what caused my miscarrage while i was 5 and a half months along, and it still hurts even though it was in december. but i knew, it was a boy and i was going to be a mommy. i messed it up because i put meth and alcohol above everything. so anyways i had a hard time because i taled about that for the first time with her sitting in the bathroom at fryin pan and we both cried. i have never wanted to just drink and use, to make all that pain and memeories stop, this much in the last month that i have been clean and sober. it was hard stuff. well this weekend, my friends parents are going out of town and she is already inviting people old enough to buy alcohol...see i live with her and have no where else to go...so i am pretty well in a bind. i talked to my sponser about it today and she said i can stay with her but she has her other sponsee living with her full time right now and that one keeps drinking, she cant go more than 3 days without a drink so i know that my sponser has so much to deal with right now...what do i do?? HeLP!!!!!
Old 08-26-2007, 06:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi aloneandinsane,

Congratulations on your 30 days and you should be proud of yourself!

It does sound like your living conditions are not good for you and may cause big problems. Is there anyone else where you can live, at least temporarily, until you get some more time under your belt? Is your family able to help you out in any way with a place to live? If not, and you have nowhere else to go, just try to keep away from your friend and keep yourself busy on your recovery. It is probably good for you to talk about losing your baby and might help you to deal with the loss. But, maybe talking to your sponsor or a counsellor would be better, since this friend seems to trigger you.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

just a thought! have u ever heard of a half way house before? it might be a good place to live, instead of staying with friends!
Old 08-26-2007, 06:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your 30 days that's wonderful

Your sponsor said you could stay with her this weekend - try not to take on what she can or cannot handle. She wouldn't have offered if she wasn't up to it. That's just my opinion. It would be a safe place for you to stay - I would avoid your place at all costs while all that partying is going on.

You worked hard for those 30 days - don't give them up!
Old 08-27-2007, 07:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I also have 30 days and I got my chip on Friday cause my Outpatient groups dont meet on the weekends and I have 30 days on Sunday, 8-26-07. congratulations on your 30 days and I also think you should find a different place to live, it would be too much stress and triggers to drink where you are living now.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Congrats on the thirty days, hon you need to make your sobrity absolutely your number one priority, if your sponsor is offering you a way out take it! See if your sponsor can hook you up with some folks who can help you get away from what is up where you are living.

Bring it up in a meeting, you never know what is out there to better your situation until you ask.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Congrats on your 30 days and 1,000 nights! ;-) Can't add much except to say that I pray you'll remain vigilant over your sobriety.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on 30 days Alone!

I agree with everyone else, let your sponsor help you.