sad @ loss my dream/fantasy vs reality

Old 08-26-2007, 03:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
gns

sad @ loss my dream/fantasy vs reality

Today I have been feeling sad and even crying (have not done that for a while - was happily in rage stage for the last few weeks!) mostly about what I wanted my life with ex to be like. Remembered the excitement anticipation and hopefulness I felt buying the house together, the hopefulness of sharing a life with him - little did I know he had already cheated on me and was living a lie with me even then!

I miss the vacations we took (not sure if I miss the actual time I was with him or my romatic recollections).
Old 08-26-2007, 03:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ICU

Welcome to the club gns. So many of us are feeling sad/down, etc. for the past couple of days.

Loss of dreams/fantasy is always sad. I think our hope seems to disappear at the same time as well.

I'm trying to let myself feel whatever it is I'm feeling for awhile, then do something constructive. If I still feel sad afterwards, I still let myself feel it. I guess it's a step-by-step process, as in the grieving process. I tend to bounce through some of the stages. Just when I think I'm done with it, I land smack in the middle of it all again.

I'm hoping that time, and hard work on my part will get me back to the sunnier days I've experienced lately.

Just know you're not alone. You can always reach out here, just like you did.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
gns

Thank you, ICU for that heartwarming message!
I really appreciate your warmth and empathy and hope you are feeling better yourself!
Old 08-26-2007, 03:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Hi, i know how you are feeling, as you know i'm the same today not sure what it is, if it's the wind down from the Summer cause now i'm thinking of the holidays but i know how you feel, and here's a big hug from me to you ((())) We'll all get through somehow and look back at what WASN'T
Old 08-26-2007, 03:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i'm there too today! gosh.

my days like this are usually because i keep reliving my memories. remember when we did this? remember when we went here? remember the time we...?

it's like my heart is telling me nothing has changed... that things could be how they used to be... and it keeps me stuck. luckily my brain is there to knock some sense into me.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Must be the end of summer, or something in the water. I've been having the "We'll never do this or that again" blues. Also the "How much was real" blues. But luckily for me the feelings are passing quickly and not dominating my days. I'm just trying to feel the sadness and the loss and let them go.
Thinking of you guys, too. There's strength in numbers!!
Old 08-26-2007, 07:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

I think everyone's right about the end of summer thing. I have suddenly begun to feel kind of down. I live in the south, so Seasonal Affective Disorder doesn't happen too much, but the thought of cold weather makes me wanna cry! I lived in NY fo r10 years and so help me I hated it. I loved the state, but being cooped up inside for so very long took a toll on my sanity.

Now, I look back at that place and I long to be there. I don't know why either. I loved all you could do there, but only in the summer!

Same with people. We go into a relationship with the best of intentions, but sometimes the other person lets us down.
You aren't sad for ever, thank heaven. It does go away. And, once the sadness leaves, its gone for good.

I do hope you feel better soon.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
ICU

Thanks gns. I am feeling better. It was explosive when it hit, but then I came here and talked it through.

Sounds like none of us are alone in this. Isn't it great we can share with people that understand?

I hope you're feeling better today!
Old 08-27-2007, 05:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Romancing the Past
REMEMBERING THE TRUTH

So many of us forget that part,,,

Roller Coasters, levels and baby steps. That's what goes through my mind when I get in my "funk"

Like climbing a mountain, falling off, slowing down, making the first ledge, a feeling of euphoria, only to slip down a notch or two holding our heads and wondering what happened?!?!?!

Pretty much like that?

When your done romancing, start REMEMBERING

I had vacations with my XA, and yup, there was the "wining and dining" over dinner. Looking wistfully into each others eyes, talking about the future, touching, holding, feeling like your "cores" were connected. Ahhhhhhhhhhh,,,,,,

Till he had enough "top shelf" to accuse me of sleeping withthe bartender!!!!! he,he,he

The night ended with me hiding in the closet in fear

Sort of like that?!?!?!?

Sorry, I'm feeling a tad "feisty" today,,,

Peace and ((((((GNS)))))