Uh Oh, Having a bad feeling

Old 08-26-2007, 08:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Uh Oh, Having a bad feeling

My supposed RAS has had a good job and has gotten 2 paychecks since he started and I'm starting to get suspicious again and so is my husband. I haven't pinpointed anything in particular, except the major one is that he this last paycheck he's been going through pretty fast. I've been holding on to alot of his money though, cause of obvious reasons. Plus he owes us a ton of money from his last relapse.

I'm hoping our gut feelings are wrong, but all of us know that after you've been through this so many times, your always going to be paranoid. Time will tell. This job he has does periodic drug testing too. Hope he gets one soon. If he does go back to using again, this will be it for him. I will not take him back, and he knows that.

I'll keep you all posted.

P.S. My cast came off last Monday, yeepee. Arm won't straighten, but it will take time.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((louise))))

Glad to hear that the cast has come off your arm. As to your son and what he is doing focusing on him and trying to control can be very destructive to you. It has been said many time to keep our hands off of them. It is hard to do. The money thing is very tempting to try and control oh how well I know....

We really need to set our boundaries and keep them in place. It is their battle if they choose to fight it. There is really nothing we can do to change the outcome of what they choose except to protect ourselves from the aftermath.

Take good care of yourself.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Louise,
Glad to hear the cast came off. That is always a relief.I know those uncomfortable feelings. Keep in mind that they are not always right. You are right ....time will tell.
It it hard to take ourselves out of detective mode when we have worn that hat for such a long time. Keeping you in my thought and hoping all will turn out well.

Hugs.........Lo
Old 08-26-2007, 09:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Louise,

Hugs from mom to mom. I totally understand that eerie feeling that something isn't right... but recovery has taught me that I need to live in today, that awfulizing doesn't get me anywhere, and it helps to read more and get to more meetings when I find myself in that uneasy place.

AND congrats on getting your cast off. Life with 2 functioning hands is a wonderful thing! (I got my cast off in June!)

Cats
Old 08-26-2007, 10:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Louise, Sorry to hear that you are having those feelings. Time to pull back a bit and focus on you. I know when I broke my knee and got my brace off and started to do the physical therapy needed to get my range of motion back was a time when I decided to totally focus on getting myself back in shape and to stop thinking about what my AD was doing. It really helped. And I do have full range of motion. PT really is wonderful. Hugs, Marle
Old 08-26-2007, 10:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey, what happened to the thanks button. Thanks all for your support. I know that as long as he is living here I will always be walking on eggshells, but there is really nothing more we can do about it. Taking one day at a time. I know I've got to stop obsessing over him and let it go. It's hard, and you would think that i have learned my lesson, but your right, it is time to focus on me and getting my arms to work right.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

glad your cast it off.that is a good thing. i hope you are wrong about your son but we moms usually know when something is not right.i hope this time you are wrong. prayers for you & him.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((Louise))))))))

Just poppin' in to give my prayers and support to you and your as.
Glad the cast is finally off and I hope your feeling better soon.
Sorry for the dismay your feeling about your son. I've felt that in the past, myself and tried hard to ignore it. Moms seem to know when something isn't right.
Sending prayers that your radar is off the mark this time.
Love,
Old 08-27-2007, 08:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Hug giver-outer!

Hate those "gut" feelings! But you know, it could also just be anxiety. I pray that it isn't right but you know what to do if it is.