As I hit a marker (3,000th post) I just wanna say...

Old 08-23-2007, 07:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

As I hit a marker (3,000th post) I just wanna say...

I love soberrecovery and the people who are here for me/have been here for me since day 1.
October 2005.
I wouldn't change this road of recovery one bit. Well, maybe just a tad. Where the road has a blind curve, I'd straighten it out a bit more. lol Just kidding.
I'm so glad to be a part of this with all of you.
I've come a looooonnnnnggggg way, babies! I'm all the better for it, too.
So thank you to all my friends, supporters, and fellow codies.
Praying that one day in the future, we all are living a life of serenity, peace, and recovery.

Dance with me, folks...

Old 08-23-2007, 08:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
cmc

Linda,
I'm glad you are here too, and your wonderful ESH has made a big difference in my recovery!
hugs,
cmc
Old 08-23-2007, 08:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm dancing with you, Linda, because this road to recovery is filled with so many wonderful stops along the way and I am honoured to walk with you.

P.S. This is how I really dance, lol.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Book,

I'm glad you've been on this road with us. You've said things (when you didn't even know it) that have encouraged me.

And Book, shall we tell Ann that we wouldn't come right out and admit it if we really danced liked that?

Ah...she knows we love her...

Love you, too, Book!

Hugs,
Hangin' In
P.S. Darn...I missed my 3000th! Guess I can always shoot for my 4000th...
Old 08-23-2007, 09:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Linda,
Having you here has been wonderful for my recovery as well. You're great!
GiveLove
Old 08-24-2007, 04:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i am glad you are here with us.we are walking toward the light in a way we could never dream possible.you are a great encouragement to alot of us.hugs,
Old 08-24-2007, 05:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Living in the light

Talking

Linda. Love you! We joined SR about the same time. I am delighted/thankful to be here dancing the recovery journey with you and all the friends and family "family".
WOW! The road is beaming with our combined Light. Thank you Linda for all you've given me.

LOL Hangin. Just another dancing queen here and PROUD of it. hehe I just know you
twirl and kick up your heels in your hoop skirt you southern belle. That is when you're not doing your Lucy/ Barney/ Hangin gigs.
Attached Images
File Type: png
Dancing.png (19.8 KB, 57 views)
Old 08-24-2007, 05:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

cmc- I don't know how much "help" I've been. I've had my share of 1 step forward, 3 steps back, from time to time. If it hadn't been for you all though, I'd have wallowed in pity and dispair instead of fighting my way out of it. So it's everyone here that has kept me doing the next right thing.

Ann- Wooooo, Girl! You go!!!!! Roflmao! Where did you find her? She looks like a cross between Barbara Eden and Elizabeth Montgomery. Have her put a spell on my area of Ohio. It's friggin' hot here. lol

Hangin'- I never imagined when I got here that I would have felt so welcomed, comforted, and supported. It felt so right to be here and share my story with you all. I've had many ups and downs with my son Jason, but I knew in my head and heart that as long as I was working on Meeee, that I would come out on the other side. Perhaps a little bruised and scratched, but all in one piece and better for the experience. As far as Ann's dancing....lol. "ahhhh, she looks great, really great."
*snark*

GiveLove- Thank you. Not too experienced with the addict spouse/bf anymore.
I gave that up a long time ago and tried to suppress alot of those memories. How was I to know that my son would one day fall into that same pit? Guess if I'd been working my own recovery years ago, maybe I wouldn't have suffered as much this time. Yeah, right. lol This is my baby we're talkin' 'bout. Who is doing better now.
Being out of my house has done wonders for him. I truly mean wonders. He stands on his own and deals with consequences without mom's help now. That's what recovery has done for me...lol Sorry for the rant.

hope- with your constant support, feedback, and prayers...you've given so much to me in my own fight for recovery. Thank you.

frankie- You are my ambassador of recovery. Your light has brought me outta the dark tunnel many many times. Just thought ya should know. lol Thanks.

D*mn! I feel like I'm at the podium and accepting a reward. lol
I guess I am, though. The reward of recovery. I needed it. I accepted it. I work it.
Look out Serenity! Here I come. lol

Love to you all,
Linda
Old 08-24-2007, 06:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Wooooo hooooo !

Glad you're here to share the journey with us.

Cats

PS. They really do dance like that, Ann and Hangin'.... I've seen it. *snork*
Old 08-24-2007, 06:15 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Thanks for sharing! Glad you are here, and I am here, and all the others are here. May we all continue down this road and support each other all the way!

It's flippin hot here, too, and I live about 5 miles from ******* Motor Speedway where 160,000 Nascar fans have arrived for Saturday's night race. It gets just insane here, they even close the schools now! This little neck of the Tennessee mountains wasn't built for this kind of traffic!! LOL! But I have groceries, my PC, my books, my dogs, my pool, and my kid here. Not leaving this hill until Sunday......

Love yas!!
Old 08-24-2007, 06:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

Cat's- My hubby dances this way. Whenever he starts, I just say, "please. don't."

Duet- I can't imagine living where you live. lol Not a big fan of Nascar, but bil would love that. Went with hubby Wednesday morning to play 9 holes of golf. Everytime we passed the water hole, I drank 3-4 glasses of those little paper cups full.
I'm askin' Santa for some ladies clubs for Xmas. I never realized a golf course could be so serene. Ha! Except when he threw his club out into the sand pit and started jumping up and down in anger. Tee Hee.
Goin' to Gatlinburg in October. Love it there. Just love it. Was in Pa., for 8 years, so I haven't seen the Smokies in a long time.

Linda
Old 08-24-2007, 06:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

!!!Everybody's dancin'!!!

~Thank you so much for being here ~ I am taking texas-tw-step lessons in anticipation of your post#6,000! ~nitelite
Old 08-24-2007, 06:56 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Not a race fan either, book. Although it does pull a HUGE amount of revenue into this area. I actually lived just across the highway from the track while in high school. Of course, it was NOTHING like it is now. That was a LOT of years ago....LOL!

It all reminds me of a bumper sticker that a dear friend of mine who lives in Orlando has on here car...

"So if it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them???"

(That may not make sense to city folk who haven't lived through deer season, turkey season, etc....and is totally meant in fun...)

Went to Pigeon Forge a couple of weeks ago with the family. We rented this HUGE cabin that slept 20 people and had a wonderful time! October is a great time to go because of the leaves, but watch out for incredible amounts of traffic......
Old 08-24-2007, 07:47 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Congrats Book
Old 08-24-2007, 07:54 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Living in the light

Wink

Everybody's "tripping the light fantastic" which means dancing.

Come on everbody dance dance dance in the recovery Light.
Linda, rflmao re hub's dancing!
Attached Images
File Type: gif
th_cancan.gif (15.7 KB, 43 views)
Old 08-24-2007, 08:15 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Way to go! We really do become like family here.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:24 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

-Quote by Linda's husband, Tim.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:49 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

You've got some great visuals going on here...thanks for the smiles!

Linda, I have always loved how and what you share here. I learn from you and you've helped me to smile through the bad times. No matter what you face, you express your feelings and get right back up and keep on keepin' on. I truly value your honesty as well.

It was you who kinda drop kicked the gf in her undies right outta your house, wasn't it? That still brings a smile.

Thanks for being here and sharing your light, your compassion and humor. Love and hugs my friend.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:46 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

Greet,

OMG! I'd almost forgotten that. roflmao!
You know, he still talks to her once in a while? Idiot!
She stayed behind and is now seeing someone else. Good riddance to her. lol
To think I felt sorry for her at one time. Thinking that she was an addict because of my son. After what she did in my sub division to that person's car and then came to "hide" out in my house. B#@ch!
My son came here to Ohio with us and is living in the boonies, with an older woman (36) and doing okay, I guess. He visits me while she has her kids over. She's not divorced yet, duh!, and doesn't want to have him around the kids right now.
Kudos to her. He's comin' over tomorrow to stay the night. We had a good time together with hubby last weekend.
Thing is, he still isn't working. He worked with his dad for a while doing carpenter work. Then his dad went to jail and the boss didn't need Jay anymore. Just recently he got a job in a restaurant washing dishes and was suppose to start a couple of days ago. Called me up saying he couldn't face being around people. Said he was suffering from panic all day just thinking about it. Said he knows he needs to be in a psychiatric hospital somewhere, but is afraid to go. I offered to go with him, but...
I don't know what's gonna happen with him. He knows what he needs to do, he just doesn't seem to know how to do it.
He was medicated at one time for anxiety,(why he used drugs to begin with, I think. self medicating) but stopped taking the meds because he didn't like the way they made him feel.
He thinks he's bipolar, but refuses to be tested for it.
I keep telling him how in the world is his life gonna ever get better unless he follows through on anything. ie:making an appointment to see a doctor, counselor, psychiatrist, ect. It's aggrievating for me. I can't just hog tie him and make him go.
Did that once, remember? He got kicked out after 24 hours for using in the bathroom. Panty girl brought him the drugs. Arrrrgggggg!
I'm fine. Really. Just taking one day at a time and trying to enjoy the good days.
This has gone way longer than I intended. As always. lol
I love ya, Greet. Thanks for the ear.

Linda
Old 08-24-2007, 05:12 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

I love ya, Greet. Thanks for the ear.
Love ya too , Linda

Panty girl...I love it!

He'll get it together sometime Linda, I'm sure and you are doing the right thing...letting him fly on his own...Lots of hugs