Update on my doctor's visit today

Old 08-21-2007, 04:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on my doctor's visit today

Thanks for the prayers everyone. They made themselves very well known when I got there. I was supposed to be seeing a doctor that I didn't know, since I had to get them to squeeze me in at the last minute, which wasn't easy. To my surprise, when the doctor finally did get to me, it was the doctor I normally see when I go over there (not the endocrinologist, but another guy). I was so happy to see him. He's one of the most thoughtful doctors I've met in a long, long time.

He said I don't have pneumonia or anything like that... just a cold that's trying to turn into bronchitis, luckily we have stopped it before it got worse. He had his nurse give me two shots: an antibiotic and a steroid. He also prescribed me cough syrup and an antibiotic, as well as gave me an inhaler to use twice a day for a week or two.

I got to tell him about how concerned I am about my blood pressure, especially since my chest has felt so tight lately, and he went ahead and gave me a prescription for that too, which has me feeling very relieved.

The best part: he didn't get mad at me for dropping the ball on my Lexapro or my metformin, just firmly reminded me that I need to get on the ball. I was so determined to do better when I left there that I went out and bought one of those pill despenser thingies so I could have a place to organize everything (man I feel like an old lady lol).

Thanks again for keeping me strong today. I usually get emotional when I go to a doctor because I hate the shape my body is in, but today I was able to keep it together... and I know your prayers had something to do with it.

He even volunteered me a note to miss work tomorrow. I didn't want to, but if he thinks I need the rest, I'm not going to argue.

The shots must be working, because I feel a little better already. I love you guys!
Old 08-21-2007, 05:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update and I am glad that you are feeling better. Hugs, Marle
Old 08-21-2007, 05:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Take the day off and recover! Rest, read a good book and you can be anyone or anywhere you choose!
Glad it wasn't serious,

susan
Old 08-21-2007, 06:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you are feeling better...Take care of yourself and rest.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's good to hear you are on the mend with your little pill dispenser and all. Take good care hon.

Hugs............Lo
Old 08-21-2007, 06:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

What a relief! Now you're on the road to recovery!