It's like the pressure is building up

Old 08-15-2007, 07:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's like the pressure is building up

It's weird. Suddenly the pressure of this whole situation is getting really intense. My house is set to close tomorrow, our 6 year anniversary would have been in 3 days, the divorce will be final next Friday the 24th, and we meet with the accountant on taxes for the final time on the 30th. And I find myself flailing again.

This whole year has been filled with ups and downs. It started of course with the act of moving out last August, 5 days short of a year for the divorce being finalized. Because we hadn't wrapped things up, we have been forced to have ongoing communication throughout the past year. I find myself doing pretty good, and then a phone call from him starts it all over again. The past two weeks have been great...I haven't heard a peep from him, so I've been really good! But now the pressure is starting for everything that's going to have to happen in the next few weeks. I'm nervous. I'm feeling nauseous. My face is breaking out, and that rarely happens. I know I just have to make it through the rest of this month and everything will start to be okay again. It's going to be hard for a bit, but once I can finally get it all behind me, I will truly be able to start moving on. I just kind of need you guys to lean on again to make it through the month while the pressure is on.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Stay strong, TG - btw, my face, heck my body, is breaking out, too.

It does seem it all happens at the same time; my trial is going into its second month, house is going on the market, I'm in escrow on a new business and AH has taken to riding past the house and waving. LOL

That wasn't to get into a competition with you LOL but to say I understand. In there, I'm also going away this weekend - heading up to wine country. I have some friends and their children coming tomorrow to hang out and swim in the pool; I spent this last weekend meeting Minx from the forum; going to a bbq and seeing a movie with a friend.

I've found the more joy I put in my life the other stresses lessen. Understanding that this, too, shall pass, helps a lot.

I have gotten a lot of strength in my own life from your posts - hang in there, TGirl!
Old 08-15-2007, 07:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

(((TG))) We are all here for you I, myself am not married but i can only imagine what you are going through with everything happening all at once. I will be thinking of you during this hard time. ((()))
Old 08-15-2007, 07:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
full of hope

Hey TG! You have always been such an inspiration to me! I know you will make it through the next few weeks!! Look at how much you've made it through already!

You need a cheerleader....you got it!!

Go Texasgirl!! You can do it!!!
Old 08-15-2007, 07:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
cmc

TG,
once I can finally get it all behind me, I will truly be able to start moving on
You seem to be moving along very well to me. I hope you can get some relief from all the stress right now, and do something nice for yourself.
take care and I hope the time goes quickly for you-
Old 08-15-2007, 08:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

TG...I understand this kind of pressure aka "the end of the M". Be good to yourself, exercise, eat healthily, drink plenty of water, get enough rest and keep your focus on the big prize....YOUR life!

ARL
Old 08-15-2007, 08:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

I think for me, itsthe release of the pressure. Like a pressure cooker and as I near the end the steam gets hotter. I know its almost done, but its still affecting me.
My face and body, totally unamused as well with the stress. My stomach is all wacked out and I am feeling constantly tired.
I have some medical issues going on to, but I am sure the stress is contributing!

I know you will be a-ok, and the pressure is almost over
Old 08-15-2007, 08:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

TG my thoughts and prayers are with you!!
Old 08-15-2007, 08:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
(((TG))) Don't forget to lean on your HP for strength too, he's carried me through the hardest times, even when I'd lost faith in him.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Hang in there TG. It's been quite a trip but soon you'll be able to put it all behind you. I know that I am so thankful that I don't have children with M. I really, REALLY feel for the folks here that can't say that.

So what's the vacation plan for when you can take a load off? That's gonna be fun I bet!
Old 08-15-2007, 08:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

hey TG - i'm so with you. deep breathes is what i am trying to do right now. sounds silly, but it helps cause if i get upset or stressed...i stop breathing...deep breathes seems to relieve some of the pressure and bring back some calm.

Denny...i'm sorry, i know it might not seem funny to you, but you have me cracking up....i can totally picture ah driving past the house with a GREAT BIG SMILE and waving...lol....too funny!
Old 08-15-2007, 10:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

(((((tg)))))

it's all just details....just details. i took one at a time, course the whole time i was all cowebby in the brain....a jumble of emotions. the day i went to court for my divorce, i had the scoots so bad and kept jumpng up to go to bathroom. a little girl standing in the hall way looked to her mommy, and said....ewwwww, that stinks mommy. i could have busted out crying right then and there.

anyway, i felt very similiar feelings, and once it was all over, i still felt that way. i went to bed for several days and wallowed around in my misery.....after all, NOW WHAT DO I DO???? the chaos was ended and i didn't h ave a role any longer of chaos-participant.

hon, you will do wonderfully......look how far you have come. it's just details. get the details done, then recovery will blossom on you like a beautiful rose.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Let Go and Let God and get to some Alanon meetings and of course come here!

Earthworm
Old 08-15-2007, 12:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Hang in there TG! You are an amazing tower of strength as I have also gained alot from your posts too, as others!

I think it is in our nature to feel that way when something is coming to an end and we do not know the outcome-we work ourselves up and get those pimple things and rapid heart ticks! And in the end when all said and done you will be just fine and

once I can finally get it all behind me, I will truly be able to start moving on
Honey you have started moving on....give this trip to your HP and glide into the rest of your peaceful journey afterwards.

Sending you prayers!
Old 08-15-2007, 01:16 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

TG,

YOU'RE DOING GREAT!

You're in the last leg of the race.

Keep you head down and keep moving forward.

YOU CAN DO IT!
Old 08-15-2007, 01:26 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
It is what it is

Lean, lean and lean some more. And this too shall pass. One day at a time. Let go and let God.

Jenny
Old 08-15-2007, 01:34 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

(((TG)))

Hope you visualize all of us from SR sitting in the seats behind you in the courtroom. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:46 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Recovering Nicely

(((TG))) You are so strong, and I admire you. Stay strong, this will soon pass and you'll be able to have the peace you need very soon. You'll be in my thoughts.
Terri
Old 08-15-2007, 08:56 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi TG,

For ALL you've been through, please know what an inspiration your posts are to someone like me. I'm just beginning the first baby steps of recovery and you have come so far. You're in the final steps with a wonderful new life ahead of you. I admire your strength and courage. You are a beacon of hope, thanks for sharing.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:45 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

TG I'm reminded of 4 words someone I admire and trusts tells me all the time,,,,

This too shall pass

Live in the day. Pay attention to YOUR needs and wants. Take care of the acne,,lol,,,pepto for the tummy, put your head down and plow forward. When you look up, you'll see a rainbow

Peace