Notices

My worry for today..and the week ahead

Old 08-15-2007, 05:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My worry for today..and the week ahead

It's a week long holiday in Japan, so no doctors visits unless I want to go to the ER. About 5 months back, just before starting my SSRI and anti-anxiety meds, I was concerned about deep vein thrombosis. I had some serious leg pain, add to that the information on the internet. I tried to get a doctor to look at my leg, but no doctor would do a proper test. They looked at my leg and touched a bit...that was apparently enough.

Anyways, since being on the meds, that hasn't been an issue. I still had leg pains (In my left leg) but I was seeing a chiropractor for that. Last month, I saw a sports medicine doctor instead since the chiropractor wasn't helping much. He did a round of acupuncture and that cleared up ALLLL the pain. I was in shock really. I had no idea it would do this. The pain was gone for 2 months. It came back, so I went back for another round. This time a different doc did it, and it didn't work out the same. I saw the main doctor a few days later and he decided to check for something else. He rotated my left ankle around, and listened. He found that my bones weren't rotating properly and he loosened them up. AGAIN, I was fixed. He also noticed that my knee was not moving properly, that it was catching on another part of my knee causing pain.

Well, here I am today, in pain, no painkillers really working. I was fine, icepacking it...then I saw a red bruise on my leg, small...and deep vein thrombosis rang through my head again. I hate unexplained bruising, and I've never had one that was redish in color. Anyways, I'm trying to think if I hit my leg or something, I'd hate to have to go to the ER>
Old 08-15-2007, 05:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ive been reading ur posts from time, to time.

Man, u really got it tough.

I feel bad, for I have nothing really to offer except encouragement.

I presume you've already been getting the medical attention you need. Isnt there anything on the net you can find out more about ur leg bruises??

Not sure about you, but too much info from google would both serve to lift me with encouragement on one hand, and scare the daylights outta me on the other.

Thus, the anxiety would begin.

Dont give up the fight. Heres to all the best for you.

Intro
Old 08-15-2007, 05:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

You sure you don't have sciatica or other back problems? I had leg pain too and they found degenerative disks via MRI. You seem to be a very sensitive person...I hope you can find ways to cope with all this.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mike_mass View Post
You sure you don't have sciatica or other back problems? I had leg pain too and they found degenerative disks via MRI. You seem to be a very sensitive person...I hope you can find ways to cope with all this.
I think it's sciatica, but my doctors haven't done anything to look into it. They did regular xrays and found that to be conclusive enough to rule out the possibility. If I ask for an MRI. It hurts more when I sit down, and the symptoms seem to go in that direction, however, with when going through anxiety I tend to err on the side of WORSE case scenario