First Day of School

Old 08-13-2007, 09:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First Day of School

Today was a great day with my new students and some I already knew from last year! I have been so busy this past week gearing up for today!

With all of the ups though, came the crashing of my laptop hard drive at work. It happened right after the last class of the day. I think I lost most of my files, but there's still a little bit of chance and help to recover them tomorrow. Maybe it's a sign for new and improved all over again. I keep trying to hold onto everything so tightly. Maybe this is another sign.

It's been a whirlwind of a week! I pretty much relapsed on everything I practiced this summer about taking care of myself and relaxing. I am still a little wound up!

I had a little break down throughout the week about starting a new school year and all of the emotional changes I've been through. Many of the new teachers came back to work in their classrooms and brought their significant others to share in their excitement. I had a little pity party for myself and broke down after working long hours each day. I think these moments are natural and part of my own healing process.

Until the next update, take care! I know I'll be busy for quite awhile as I get into some sort of new routine! I seem to have fallen to the bottom of the priority list and will have to change that soon.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((aztchr))) Hope this is the start of a WONDERFUL new school year!!

p.s. Be gentle with yourself;you sound as if you are doing very well!
Old 08-15-2007, 06:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

AZ - you are an inspiration to me.

You are doing fine...remember that tears help wash you clean, like a fine desert rain.

Wish we would've all been there for your first day!! "...and these folks are all my family....say hello, family!..."

Hugs,
GL
Old 08-15-2007, 06:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((aztchr)))