He called our Son

Old 08-10-2007, 08:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy He called our Son

He called last night to talk to our son about his first day school. I thought that was nice of him. He also told him that he watched him at football practice and told him what street he had parked on to watch. Turns out that street is on the other side of town. Our son told him that they practice at the high school. Why even say anything if you're going to lie? I know he loves him, but please don't lie to him.

The woman "friend" whose house he's staying at also has a son our son's age. They are in the same grade even. Our son had mentioned that he had seen this boy at school and my AH told him that this boy had had trouble with his locker and he had gone to the school to help him with it. Whether this is true or not I don't know. But, I can only imagine what our son was thinking, seeing as how his Dad hasn't done anything with him in over a month, but spends time with this boy. I was so angry to find out that he had said this to him.

I know all of this breaks our son's heart, but as a teenager he doesn't talk much. All I can do is let him know that I'm here to listen if he wants to talk. I worry about how much damage I'm doing by holding on and how much I'll do by letting go.

This was not my plan for my life, but apparently it was God's plan. I just want to do what is right, but I get so confused about what that is.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
let it grow!

can you get any family counseling for you and your son? alanon? atateen?

when i left my ex with my daughter - my ex got a live in girlfriend real fast and she had 2 little boys. they actually had the nerve to put those kids into the same daycare my daughter was in after school. i know they did it just to get to me and put the stress on my daughter. i just had to find another daycare..

they do dishonest and hurtful things. it's the disease.

blessings, k
Old 08-10-2007, 09:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

We went to counseling and the counselor thought it "was neat" that AH's "friend" had kids close in age to our daughter and thought it would have been "great" if they went to the same school ..suggested a "slumber party"!! WHAT?! (we were still married and AH denied this woman,but reluctantly admitted their "friendship" when he had to)

Clearly; they are not firing on all cylinders.........they are sick. It is so painful to see these innocent children hurt by the sick actions and then hurt again by the A's complete lack of awareness to how hurtful this is to the children when they treat it as "normal".

hugs to you and your son.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am seeing a couselor and plan too start attending al-anon meetings. There are no ala-teen meetings in our area. I've talked to my son about seeing the couselor also...he's not ready to talk to a stranger. Althoug I wish he would. Are the al-anon meetings ok for teenagers to attend also? I wasn't sure if they would allow teenagers.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
A high-schooler should be OK at an Al-Anon meeting, just ask the chairperson first. Your son might feel more comfortable at an Al-A-Teen meeting, he'll be around people his own age that he can identify with.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
let it grow!

we've got some teens at our meetings, as we don't have any alateen meetings close either. my hubby and i talk about how they do better at the meetings when they're moms or dads don't come too though - they open up a bit more. just our experience.

k