I was Doing OK

Old 08-09-2007, 02:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I was Doing OK

Okay, so I hadn't heard from my AH in a week (and it's been so peaceful!) and then out of the blue he calls today to ask me if our son was excited about the 1st day of school...he's 14...does that answer the question? LOL

Anyway, he asks how I'm doing and I said ok. He said he was wondering because he hadn't heard from me in a while (and he's the one who left). I told him I hadn't heard from him either. At that point he starts to cry and says he'll have to let me go so I said ok.

Hate, hate, hate, when he cries like that. Don't know if it's real, fake or a little of both. I would like to think it's real...but who knows. I know he loves us, but he likes his beer and pills more right now.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
It's like that old song says "don't know what ya got 'til it's gone". We continue drinking, we try to let it go, then we obsess over what we've given away.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I didn't hate it when Richard cried, though it did make me sad. His tears served as a reminder to me that alcoholics are capable of feeling and showing emotion and they are capable of loving others, and that no matter how far their disease progresses that there's a person behind the disease.

When I was a child, I visited Washington, DC, with my family and walked by several alcoholics who had passed out on the sidewalk and did my best not to make eye contact with them. All I saw then was skid row bums. Today, I see people. Broken and hurting people, but people nonetheless, and I try my best not to add to their pain.

I think your husband's tears were real and a confirmation that he loves you, too, in the only way he knows how.