So thankful for HP

Old 08-06-2007, 08:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face So thankful for HP

Yes, I know I have been behaving like the monster from the black lagoon lately... all this venting about my family and such... but I just had to take a moment, recenter, and remember why my life is actually right on track at the moment, and how I know that HP is still with me, even if I feel like I'm losing my parents:

-I found my car
-I have a job in a wonderful school district
-I have a wonderful husband who loves me enough to take care of me when I'm sick, provide a shoulder when I need to cry, and protects me as much as he can (we just got back from the store, where hubby bought me a flashlight, jumper cables, and a can of fix a flat for my new car, just in case)
-I may not have settled on the house yet, but it will happen in the next few weeks; and in the meantime, I have a roof over my head
-I have such wonderful friends, especially here, who are there if I need them

I love you guys... thanks as always for being there for me, and for sharing your stories and struggles as well... it really helps me to remember that I'm not alone.

*hugs and prayers*
Old 08-06-2007, 08:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Why Lady, if I didn't know better, I'd say you are working a pretty good program of recovery there with your gratitude....

You know, recovery does make one realize that no matter what is going on, our HP always has good in our lives. We just have to look for those little surprises our HP brings to our lives. Before recovery, I hardly every noticed them. Today I'm covered up with little God surprises, and I'm happy to report that on most days I notice them. (Ok, so every now and then I almost slip back into a pity party or whining session, but I quickly recognize it and jerk myself back into line.)

So proud of you for being grateful. It's a wonderful character trait!

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 08-07-2007, 05:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Nothing like a good old fashion gratitude list to get you back on track, huh?
May do a little of that myself
((((Hugs))))
Cece
Old 08-07-2007, 06:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Lady,
I am glad to see you are doing better today. We all need days to feel sorry for ourselves. I'm glad you had yours and now are working on the good things again. You are right you are a very lucky lady for everything you have.
Today I will work on my list, thank you for the reminder that I should work on mine more often.
Hugs