Notices

Welbutrin and anxiety

Old 08-06-2007, 06:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Welbutrin and anxiety

I will start Welbutrin tomorrow. I have taken it before, but the last time, I had this real problem with anxiety. I am kind of fearing that. I hate antidepressants because they make me feel stupid, but at least I know what to expect from this med.
Anyone else taking welbutrin and experience any side affects?
Old 08-07-2007, 07:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I've been on Welbutrin for just 5 days now. I take it with Prozac and I haven't seen any side effects yet. I'm hoping it will work out for me. My biggest problem is depression not anxiety. It seems for me that all the different AD's I've taking have help my anxiety.

I also take klonopin when I'm feeling really anxious or wound up. I hope the Welbutrin works for you.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Obsessed Pug Momma

I take welbutrin since December and have had no side effects. My anxiety is much better as well.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
To Life!

I got panic attacks on Welbutrin.
Haven't had any since I stopped taking it.
Welbutrin is good for those who have negative effects on the SSRIs. But, it can indeed increase the anxiety as a result of those positive benefits.
Work with your doctor; see how it goes. You'll know if you can tolerate it or not, I'm sure.

Shalom!
Old 08-08-2007, 06:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well, I feel like I have a ton of energy. Almost like being on speed.
It's weird. That same energetic feeling seems give me an aggressive edge. I have a hard time tolerating other people.
I guess I will just wait. Each time I take it I feel different.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wascally, I took Welbrutin about a year ago. I had the worst anxiety. It definetly had a bad effect on me. I took it for about 2 weeks and i had to stop it. I felt worse on it than off of it. Then I was put on Lexapro. It was good for me. The only problem I have with antidepressants is that I feel like my motivation is gone. I basically don't feel like doing anything.
Well, I don't have to worry about that anymore because I had to stop taking it because my insurance plan canceled all mental health drugs. That is really a shame because I pay a lot for my insurance and they won't pay for anything mental health related.
Good luck on your meds..............Lo
Old 08-12-2007, 07:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Today is day 6. The anxiety is not as bad, but my throat has been so sore.
I looked it up online and find its common in antidepressants.

I will keep taking it. It hasn't been 2 weeks yet which is how long they take to start working real good.

Lobo, I wonder why on earth mind meds would be canceled on ins? A person's entire health includes the mind. That's scarey to me.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
Wascally, I took Welbrutin about a year ago. I had the worst anxiety. It definetly had a bad effect on me. I took it for about 2 weeks and i had to stop it. I felt worse on it than off of it. Then I was put on Lexapro. It was good for me. The only problem I have with antidepressants is that I feel like my motivation is gone. I basically don't feel like doing anything.
Well, I don't have to worry about that anymore because I had to stop taking it because my insurance plan canceled all mental health drugs. That is really a shame because I pay a lot for my insurance and they won't pay for anything mental health related.
Good luck on your meds..............Lo
If I was you, I would be hunting for a different insurance ASAP. I've heard about insurance companies wanting you to take certain AD's because they were cheaper, but I've never heard of one not paying for mental health drugs period. You are getting taken big time.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ok, well I took it for a week and nearly lost my mind.
I was way worse off than being depressed!!
All I did was cry and sob the last three days I took it.
I guess it's not right for me.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Better get back to your doc Wabbit!

I guess I'm lucky that the welbutrin/prozac combo seems to be working for me. It may have messed up my sleep a bit but otherwise I think I'm starting to feel "normal" again....whatever normal is.

hugs
Old 08-20-2007, 07:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I donīt know this medication, but once I took Prozac for six months and it made me hypertense. I havenīt taken it since. It seems to be totally individual. For some people it has worked wonders.

Fortunately, Iīm not depressed, but I know there are good anti-depressants on the market right now.

I was prescribed a drug called Rivotril, in very low doses, to take for an anxiety attack. Does anyone here know that drug? It doesnīt seem to be working anymore.

Love and light,