Notices

New Job Drug Test While on Suboxone?

Old 08-03-2007, 10:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New Job Drug Test While on Suboxone?

Hi everybody,

I posted in here a couple years ago when i was having serious problems with heroin and cr@ck. Since then i managed to move the hell away to another part of the country, been clean and working great jobs making very very good money! it was just too easy being close to bad areas and i would get high everyday.

but my question is, i have been on suboxone for about 2 months because i started to get the itch again, and figured it was the best thing to do. i am NOT on prescription. i got a job offer and have a full physical on monday (3 days from now) and they told me they will do the following:

5-Panel Urine Drug Screen with Chain of Custody and MRO services, non-DOT

i've read all about suboxone not coming up in drug test unless specifically testing for it. but still, should i be worried about my tests on monday? can subs come up as something else? or maybe just having certain levels in my blood?

finally, what are the chances that my new employer will specifically test for suboxne? this company is a large biotech company. thanks for your help
Old 08-03-2007, 11:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi - I don't have the answers you are looking for, but wanted to wish you all the best. Someone should be along soon who may have the info you are looking for.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

i am NOT on prescription.
I would suggest getting a prescription from your doctor, that way you can list it as something your are taking legally.

I don't know if it will show up or not.

Good luck!

Love and hugs,
Old 08-03-2007, 12:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

unfortunately i cant really get a prescription. i had some subs left over from when i left the east coast that i was saving from 2 years ago, so that doc surely isnt gonna vouch for me on that. the subs i DID get were from a friend who doesnt need them. i dont have a doc out here.

i guess my concern is, i know subs wont show up in the standard 5 drug test for opiates, meth, etc. but is it possible they will also use the specific test for subs. i doubt it, since it is more money and the paperwork doesnt mention anything but the standard test. i'm wondering if anything will show up that will warrant them to test further for subs. i do doubt it, but not sure i want to gamble a new job on it. i havent taken any subs for 48 hours now, and probably will not take anything at all. just worried though...thanks for the help.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

unfortunately i cant really get a prescription. i had some subs left over from when i left the east coast that i was saving from 2 years ago, so that doc surely isnt gonna vouch for me on that
Not to sound harsh, but then you are using illegally. Except that, I know next to nothing about drug panels except for the fact that i don't have to worry about them anymore. You could be that way too you know. It's nice !
Old 08-04-2007, 01:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks. yes i have been doing great for about 2 years now working in the corporate world. unfortunately it isnt perfect where i can just get a prescription on the fly since i travel for work and fly all over the country. so i had some subs saved up, started taking them again. and also got some from a friend when i needed them. illegal or not, the subs do what they are supposed to do, and i've used them enough to be proficient with them, except with drug testing results i should be fine, i hope i'm fine, but still praying everynight! thanks again!
Old 08-04-2007, 02:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
death before dishonor

I think you will be fine as long as subs don't come up as an opiate. I was on prohbation for years and was using and I was pissing **** tests all the time. I would drink mad water and exercise like a mad man and I never got busted. If your around the philly area that is a really hard place to be because they got the best dope in the bad lands but I haven't lived there for five years now. I had to move out of that area too.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

yeah i took the test today and was clean, all negative results with home test kit. i was born and raised in the philly area too. all east coast cities are bad news with H man. out west here a little different, not as easy on the streets where i've seen, and different altogether. so thats helped me.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good Luck with the job Serious.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
death before dishonor

Originally Posted by SeriousProblem View Post
yeah i took the test today and was clean, all negative results with home test kit. i was born and raised in the philly area too. all east coast cities are bad news with H man. out west here a little different, not as easy on the streets where i've seen, and different altogether. so thats helped me.
I am thinking about moving out west. I heard the areas are generally not as dirty and bad as philly, newark, camden, and I heard they are generally safer is that true?
Old 08-04-2007, 10:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

just realized the way i wrote my above post. i took a SELF drug test and passed, the one you buy from rite aid. i still have to take my work test this monday.

Originally Posted by madworld View Post
I am thinking about moving out west. I heard the areas are generally not as dirty and bad as philly, newark, camden, and I heard they are generally safer is that true?

well i can give you almost expert advice on that. sent you a PM as well. but yes, the cities are generally much, much cleaner out here in Cali at least. when i left the east coast i was about to go down bigtime, i commuted to Newark, NJ to work and had to pass trenton everyday. i could NOT STOP going into newark and/or trenton to get dope. i had to get away, but my family and friends wouldnt let me go. they wanted me to go to rehab, and i kept explaining its too easy for me to get high in this area. so finally i just packed my car and left, no explanations. i figured if i got out to say nebraska or utah where i couldnt find anything and wasnt in a familiar place i could at least clean up temporarily. i had a couple suboxone to help with the trip.

so for me the area had a lot to do with it. once i learned where to get dope, i couldnt stop no matter what. a new area helped that. but remember you cant necessarily run from your problems. there were times at first where i would search out here, but the cities are not the same as east coast. cant just easily find stuff on the streeets. and the traffic is so horrible you cant get around anyway. when i worked near NY i thought the traffic was bad there. nope. Los Angeles is literaly 10 times worse i think.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:16 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Dom
Inspired

You do not have to worry about the test on monday. I was told by a few doctors that suboxone does not show up on drug tests. While on suboxone, I took at least 20 $200+ drug tests at my outpatient facility and I was clean everytime.

I should also add that in my experience, suboxone did not work for me, being an addict, I was looking for that high, that escape from life, with every dose of suboxone. The only thing that works for me now in the present time is AA meetings.