Apreciation Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 08:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FINALLY FREE

Apreciation Thread

Hey Guys
I Am Starting This Thread Ofappreacition So That Everyvone Who Like Me Feels So Grateful To Be Able To Come On This Site And Vent All Our Frustrations

I Just Want To Thank Everyone For Veing There Through All My Problems Since I Started Posting . I Want To Thank Everyone For All The Advice. And What I Really Want To Thank Everyone For Is For Making Me Feel Like I Deserve The Best In This World. Thanks To Many People On This Site I Have Thought So Much Moore Of Myself And I Realized That I Do Deserve Everything.

Anyone Else Who Is Thankful For All The Wolnderful People On This Site Please Show Your Apprecaittion Or Just The Things In Life That You Are Thankful For

Xoxo
Old 08-03-2007, 08:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I too am deeply thankful for this site and especially thankful for the people here....
Old 08-03-2007, 08:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

grateful over here! k
Old 08-03-2007, 08:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I want to add my appreciation as well. You guys are great!
Old 08-03-2007, 08:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
FINALLY FREE

Hey I Forgot Thanks To Everyone Who Helped Me Laugh Yesterday On My Bored Day
Old 08-03-2007, 08:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am thankful for everyone being here for me when I feel so desperate at times.
I am thankful for people making me laugh when I feel sad.
I am thankful for the prayers for myself and my daughter.
I am thankful for the PM's when I need them.
I am thankful for the advice and resources
I am thankful for the pictures of babies and families to be able to put a face with the names.
I am thankful for the stories of hope and recovery.
I am thankful that SR never closes.
I am thankful for funny stories of dogs, people being chased by bees, neighbors cutting down prized Japenese Maple's, recipe's, people boarding the codie bus and going on trips, steel-toed bunny slippers, kicking smoking habits. The list goes on and on.

A special thanks to Frankly, who has helped me more than she'll ever know.
I love you, Frankly

A special thanks to my new friend Caileesnana who I hope to meet in person someday. I feel like I've known her for years.
I love you, Susan

Than you NMT for for starting this thread.

Lois
Old 08-03-2007, 08:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I grasp at things to be thankful for the last few days, but SR is one on top. I wouldn't be able to function at all w/o the kindess and support from here.
Love to all--especially the moms, and extra expecailly the moms of daughters like mine.
susan
Old 08-03-2007, 08:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Im thankful to those who are supportive of any of my choices. (but not to those who think they could live my life better)
Old 08-04-2007, 09:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

i am thankful for today...

i am thankful that my kids are happy and healthy for today...

i am thankful that today is full of grace (i love that anvil)...

i am thankful for today...

love,
s
Old 08-04-2007, 09:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am sooooo grateful to all the people here who walk beside me; who hold me up when sometimes I think I can't stand on my own two feet...Whose words, wisdom, experience and hope help me to find what works for me.

I'm so grateful to see the pain turn to joy and gratitude as people post and read here and learn that they truly do desire a better life.

I am oh so grateful that SR folks open their hearts and their souls and by sharing here, we all start to heal.

I'm grateful that my HP has not let me become so jaded that I can't cry with you, laugh with you and always hope.

I am grateful that HP helps me to find compassion even in the worst situations

I'm grateful for everyone who reminds me to breathe...because that is the very first step to getting through any situation.

I'm grateful for the posts that make me cringe too...because I learn something from them as well...more understaning, more compassion...more hope as I see the growth in each person who hangs in there and works a program...any program to heal themselves.

I am so grateful for everyone here...you touch me in ways I can not describe, but I do believe you all know it in your hearts, because you have been touched too.

I am incredibly grateful for the special friendships I've developed here in the last year and a half...I find it hard to believe the bonds that have been formed with people I have never even seen in person for the most part.

I think SR is a magical, spiritual place and I love what was said above...It is open 24-7 for love, support, laughter, experience strength and hope!
Old 08-04-2007, 12:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am so grateful to you all for...
understanding
making me feel like I'm going to be okay
sharing
advising
being here when I need you
not judging
showing me I'm not crazy
and most of all sharing the same boat as me!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2007, 02:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

I am thankful to this site, and more importantly the people on it.

They have held my hand, my heart and a strong shining light for me.
They have trodden down a path ahead of me that makes my walk easier.
They turn and reach out their hands to help me over the rough spots.
And when I stumble, they walk beside me and let me lean on them.
They helped me believe in miricles again, and hope and humanity.

B
Old 08-04-2007, 02:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I am thankful to still be breathing and having the chance to experience whatever life holds for me. Seeing a bald eagle fly over my house today was one such joy. And, of course, for you guys too Hugs, Marle
Old 08-05-2007, 05:22 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am greatful you were all there to catch me when I fell.

I am greatful to know I am never alone.

I am greatful I can walk beside you.

I am greatful that every morning I can have my coffee & read Ann's post on Languge of Letting Go.

I am greatful there is hope.

I am greatful I have a relationship with my HP.

I am greatful my daughter still works at recovery, even though she has fallen a few times. (she has 100 days today)

I am greatful there is a wonderful life that belongs to me.

I am greatful to each an every one of you. The different personalities, points of view and stories really make this place so SWEET!
Old 08-05-2007, 11:45 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by marle View Post
I am thankful to still be breathing and having the chance to experience whatever life holds for me. Seeing a bald eagle fly over my house today was one such joy. And, of course, for you guys too Hugs, Marle

(((((Marle)))))
I saw my first one up close last Tuesday while kayaking...It filled me with joy and gratitude...just so amazing. I paddled upriver (a good work out against the current and some baby rapids ) and got a picture...not a very good one, but a picture nonetheless that will remind me always of God's beauty and magnitude.

This morning I heard the amazing call of the pileated woodpecker and was able to watch a huge male for quite awhile off the deck...I know before recovery I would not have taken the time to truly see all life offers...I am sooooo grateful.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:47 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I am so grateful to have somewhere to turn when no one I know can bear to hear me talk about the problems they don't understand...I am grateful for the patient and kind people who treat me like a friend even though they have never met me. Thank you all.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:04 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I too am very thankful for this board. I could not have made it through my son's addiction without this board!

I am thankful he is 7 months clean and sober and that my daughter is starting to trust and forgive me for the years I put his needs ahead of hers.

Much love!

CIM
Old 08-06-2007, 02:18 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

After reading Lobo's post (mentioning she appreciated photos to match faces with names), I decided to add my photo as my avatar. I loved it so much when LovesTooMuch added her photo. It makes everyone seem more real. So I realized I too appreciate photos that are posted and I am reciprocating.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:24 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

I'm greatful that God chose to place me in the situation he did with my exabf, for if he hadn't I wouldn't be the person I am today.

I'm so much stronger, wiser, understanding and compassionate than I would be otherwise. I wouldn't have made all the awesome friendships that I have today.

I'm also very greatful to those who have walked with me hand in hand through this journey. You showed me how to walk through the pain with grace and dignity rather than skirt around it. Without you all, I don't know where I'd be right now.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:23 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Book, Thank you. I love the pic...........you look like a movie star.