A little Friday fun

Old 08-03-2007, 06:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Talking A little Friday fun

I've decided to vent on paper, and write a little family newsletter. All in fun of course. Please feel free to post your own news letter if you'd like!

Hello All,
I wanted to take a moment and thank you for the time spent at the lake two weeks ago. As you know I look forward and save for it every year, and I’m pleased that others enjoy the time too.

To my daughter:
I’m glad you were able to find time to rest. I know you rarely get the chance to sleep in til noon with a two year old, and me being an early riser, I was up anyway, even if the 5am wake up was a challenge the one day. You may be right in that I’m as you mentioned “getting up there in years”, because by 11pm I was just dead tired. But at least I still had time to clean up and finish the dishes…that made my evening. It was so nice to see your friends too, and I’m glad you asked them to pitch in to help with the costs. The six-pack and bag of cheetos really came in handy, its hard to keep food on the table for 14.

To my oldest son :
I’m sorry your GF dumping you put a damper on the week. I’d glad though, that hanging with friends allowed you to laugh and feel better over the weekend. Thank you for feeling comfortable enough to return to your mourning once they left. I know this means we’re close and you trust me with your grief. I was happy also, that the $40 for gas I gave you for the way home helped. I couldn’t possibly have expected you to save for the trip in your condition.

To my youngest son:
My we’re so proud that you’ve graduated HS and are an adult. I hope you were able to work around my prying questions like “Did you sleep well?” or “Are you enjoying yourself” Invasion of privacy is a real bummer. I’m glad you were able to return home before me to get some peace. Perhaps we can sit down soon and talk about more private accommodations for you outside the home.

To my BF:
Thank Goodness you were only 30 miles from home so your work, your mom and the rest could reach you at anytime. Had we been further, you may not have been able to return so often to take care of things. I glad too that you found your cell phone. I honestly don’t remember dropping it under the suitcases. At least you also got the chance to sleep in. As you said, your 7 year old doesn’t need watched like a two year old, unless of course he’s acting like a two year old.

I’ve been well, or getting there since we came home. Seems the “cold” that everyone felt was my “allergies” was getting me down a bit. The inhaler, the meds and sleeping every chance I get should take care of it. Doc mentioned something about acute bronchitis…silly gal, she can be SO dramatic. I’m glad it waited until I returned home to really kick in. Otherwise I would not have been able to clean the 7 bedroom cottage the day we were leaving.

I miss vacation…see you all next year!
Love Mom
Old 08-03-2007, 06:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Okay....here goes...

Hi husband-

Thank you so much for cleaning the house for me while I've been recovering from my surgery. I am sure the doctor meant that once I went back to work, that I would be able to go back to doing ALL of the heavy cleaning again......that six weeks he was talking about, that just meant no FUN heavy activities, not the everyday stuff that everyone hates to do. I REALLY don't mind the floor not being vaccumed at all, I like stepping on things barefoot in the middle of the night.

dear Hubby Boss...

I'm so glad that you jump on hubby when he needs to take me to the doc. or i need help with something and he actually needs to leave work ON TIME. It makes my life so much easier to hear hubby gripe about the fact that MAYBE, just maybe he needs a day off once in a blue moon. Considering he works for so much less than anyone there but does twice the work, I wouldn't let him off either....what was I thinking. Good thing your going to give him TWO whole days for us to go to the beach in a couple of weeks. Even though he hasn't had an actually full weeks vacation in about 3 years

Ohhh...i got more but I gotta do some work now.....thanks cece
Old 08-03-2007, 06:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oooh oooh my turn

Dear family and friends,

I am so thankful to have each and every one of you in my life. You all help me in ways that you will never understand, and I cannot wait to see each of you again. In the meantime:

To my sister:

I am so glad that you are cleaning up so well. You mean so much more to me than words can describe, and your sobriety gives me strength to work on my own recovery. I know this is actually a bad thing, because as a codie, I am yet again relying on outside sources for my own strength and I need to stop doing that now. Just know that I will always support you in any endeavor to stay clean, and I hope you fly through your next 60 days sober.

To my mother:

I am so glad that you are finally able to have control over my sister again. I know that life is not complete for you unless you have someone to force into submission, and Melissa makes a perfect victim right now, what with her just getting out of rehab and all. Kudos to you for having the strength to take away her car, force her to use a cell phone that only accepts certain calls, and find other ways to dictate her life to her every time she turns around. Or I turn around, since i am noticing this with my own two eyes more than I am hearing it from her. I understand that you have to be miserable to thrive in life, that you cannot ever just stop and be happy for five minutes, so I am very relieved that you have managed to unearth more stress in your financial problems, which you are convinced must be my problems somehow as well, since misery is no good when it's lonely.

To my father:

Daddy,
I love you with all my heart. You are such a great person. It's not fair that you've had such a hard life. It's really not fair that mom cares more about money than she does about you being able to be home a minimum of once a month. You don't deserve to be shafted like that, and I am glad that you are determined to find ways to make ends meet until something better comes along. I also know that you hate to be the cause of conflict for anyone, so I am so proud of you for taking mom's side on the issues with controlling Melissa. You know mom has to control everything and everyone to stay sane, and you are such a great husband for helping her to do just that. Never mind that your daughter needs your support right now, that her own sobriety and life are in limbo, the important thing is that your wife and my mother can continue on her quest to stay miserably controlling. Good for you.

To my mother-in-law:

I cannot thank you enough for the phone call the other day. I am so glad that you are so eager to be honest with your son and me about your feelings. I would never ever want you to be inconvenienced with a little thing like being nice out of goodwill for five minutes. And the way you threatened to give out my and Matt's cell phone numbers to get my mom's creditors off your back... what a heroic thing to do! You know I've been dying to run up my minutes avoiding those people! Thank you so much for considering to help me realize my dreams there... and I am so glad that you realize that you are a better person than my parents. Even though you came from the very type of life they have now. Even though you haven't spoken to your own mother in over 20 years. Even though alcoholism, which is no different from any other addiction, runs rampid in your family and in that of your husband's, you still manage to convince yourself that you are the better person here. I am so relieved that you know your true place in life and are aware that you deserve to be a b**** whenever you feel like it, just because you feel like it. Indeed, I feel honored to have married into such a regal family.

Yours truly to all,
Courtney

*man that felt good *
Old 08-03-2007, 08:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Dear Family and Friends,

To Mom,

Thank you for watching Michael and forcing him to eat baby food even though i told you enough times he hates it and loves real food. Also thank you again for giving Michael a bottle he doesn't like even though I told you likes likes some chocolate in it and you refused to get him. Mom it wasn't a problem rushing home so I could give Michael the same bottle that you tried to give him but with a dash of some chocolate. He drank it in a minute. I also ordered some food mom cause it was to hot to cook and Michael ate rice, beans and some steak and a little some from his big sister to. Thank you for taking such wonderful care of him and making sure he doesn't eat!!

To my daughter, URGHHH thank you baby for making me tell you a million times not to leave your cups, bowls and wrappers from your snacks in the room. I guess you like the extra company of roaches and ants!

To My wonderful adoring ABF,

I want to say I just love to come home to a man who is drunk and trying to hide it. I really appreciate you putting your coors light in a plastic bag as if I can't see it. Thank you for giving at least hundred dollars a week to the crack dealer I am sure his family really appreciates and needs it. Thank you for being the man you have been lately, helps me not remember the man I used to know. Thanks for helping me forget the hugs, touches, kind words, and the person who helps me at home. Thanks for not supporting me emotionally and just being there...

so much more but I could go on

jewel
Old 08-03-2007, 09:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Family,

Im doing okay this week.

To my doctor: Thanks for leveling my meds and the samples, they are really helping.
To my mom: Thank you for forever nagging me to drop soda and caffiene, after 2 weeks of whining non stop I feel the difference, and it really is bad for me.
To my oldest son: Im tired of your attitude and refusing to obey and me me me attir\tude. STarting today you are gonna stop picking fights with your brothers and start doing the chores you are supposed to or you will have a reason to complain.
To my younger two sons: I promise Ill buy you pop tarts this week. Please deal with me this weekend as your brother is being punished. Thank you both for being such sweet wonderful kids.
To my AH: Thank you for allowing the illusion and actual possibbility of this weke beinga good week. Thank you for finally helping out with the money and being so helpful and positive this week. It wan\rms my heart and if it continues I promise to leave my attitude at the door and be supportive of the positive.
To MIL: Get and stay out of my life.

Everyone else: I love you all.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ok. . . here goes. . .

Dear (fill in the blank),

Myself. . .you go girl. . .you are giving the best you can to ALL of the stuff you have going on and I think you are doing great. Even though I see that you don't think so, lighten up on yourself sweetie

Oldest daughter. . .I'm so proud of you and what you have going on in your life. I wish you'd move your butt up here a little closer so I can see the baby MORE though. You turned out very well in spite of your daddy and me.

3 yr old. . .(note: doesn't matter what I put here she wouldn't hear it ) I realize you are trying to learn how to be independent, I realize you are jealous of your 1 yr old nephew, I also realize you think I should have NO life except where it concerns you, but. . .I do love you no matter what and just wish you'd stop pushing me to my limits!!

3 yr old's dad. . .You're still breathing?

Sisters. . .thank you so much for helping me as much as you can with 3 yr old. It's tough and I know you have lots of things going on too. I know ya'll think I'm crazy since she's a perfect angel for ya'll!! And. . .again, I apologize that I can't help more with mom. . .because of 3 yr old, which makes me say. . .sorry I had another child so late in life when we are all so much OLDER!!!!!

Mom. . .sorry I caused so much trouble growing up, and truly wish this wasn't going on for you now. I know you enjoy the 3 yr old I am just too scared to leave her alone with you. I love you and want to do what I can to help out more.

Dad. . .don't know how you do it. . .at 75 you run circles around me and I'm the baby! Love you so much and appreciate so much all you help me with.

ABF. . .it's wonderful to get to be back together with you after all this time. I sure hope you don't think I'm stupid though. . .drinking only tears us apart. . .so. . .STOP, it can be done, with help, yes you . . .need help. False pride kills folks! Maybe this'll work, maybe it won't. . .but I am trying to NOT get so caught up in it and put all my eggs in one basket, been there done that and it doesn't work.

To my boss and all the people at my job. . .THANK YOU, THANK YOU, I love this place, I love all of ya'll, this is the best place to work. . .ever. It's the best job I've ever had and don't ever get rid of me
Old 08-03-2007, 12:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hahahaha! What fun!!

Beloved soon to be exH,

I am unable to fully express the sheer amount of joy that I received watching you ignore our wonderful baby girl during your two week vacation in town. Thank you for calling me every day from your girlfriend's cell phone, telling me just how good of a time you are having camping out of town, hiking, and simply hanging out.

It instantaneously put me in a great mood hearing you slur your words and imagining you driving drunk. I am ecstatic over your proposition of taking baby camping with you, although it took me just a little while to recover from something closely resembling a full blown panic attack at the vision of my angel wondering off into the great Alaskan wilderness and being eaten by a bear.

I cannot emphasize enought my gratitude when you promised to "hopefully" made it to the bank to deposit some childcare money into my account on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and...was it Wednesday? Well, whenever you have a chance, dear, I realize just how busy your schedule is. Please don't hesitate to call me again when you get "unceremoniously kicked out" by your girlfriend's roommate--what a a**, if I may say so, for booting you out after only one week of round the clock drunkedness. Some people are so selfish!

Oh, luv, one last thing. I was indeed very impressed to hear that you may now be making even more money on your job. I always knew just how talented you are, so to hear that you may bring in in excess of $6000 a month to spend on whatever you want is just butter for my toast. No, no, please continue thinking of your needs only and don't let my financial struggles create another wrinkle on your beautiful face.

With undying devotion,

Your wife.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Oh boy...I don't have time right now but boy do I want to join the Friday fun!!! Thanks Cece and I'm really sorry your vacation was as rotten as the last half of mine! I can't wait to get back to work!
Old 08-03-2007, 10:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My grown son's father..my ex

I wish your son would stand up to you but I know he is not ready to do that yet. He has been home since the middle of May and has seen you once. You invited him to a cookout at your moms on your birthday, only because he called you first. While at your moms you and your brother and your new girlfriend smoked a joint right in front of him. I know he is 19 but boy have your standards changed. Your son called you on your birthday and on fathers day. You invited him to lunch when he first got into town and he is still waiting. I guess you divorced your kids too.

Thanks for getting the truck repoed with my name on the loan. I can't afford it but it is fun to drive around town. I also want to thank you in for helping with college expenses. Way to step up to the plate!!

I kept our niece's babies for her the other night and she told me she asked you if you still smoked crack. You said no of coarse....I probably would have said no too. I am glad that your family thinks that since you left your family you don't smoke crack anymore. I know you only smoke pot and drink...hell you aren't even an addict. That is why your girlfriend makes more money than me, you are working...and you lost your truck at tax time. WOW.

Just keep running honey..don't worry about a thing.
Just start a new life and forget all about the old.
I would want to do that too, if I were you.

Love, Michelle
Old 08-04-2007, 05:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

To My Daughter,
First of all let me apologize for trying to give you a great childhood. I guess that giving you everything that your heart desired robbed you of learning the value of hard work. Also I am sorry that I put that burden on you of expecting you to go to college and have a great, productive life when all you really wanted from life is to not have any responsibilities except finding and using drugs. It must have been hard for you to have so much pressure on you from two horrible, selfish parents.
I am sorry that I am such a hard a** and have such a hard time accepting your wonderful crack addicted boyfriend. 17 years age difference should not matter as long as there is love, right. Oh and the fact that he abuses you and gives you all the drugs you want should be viewed by me as a gift. I guess that I am just too set in my ways to see what a wonderful life he is providing you. After all you are living with his mom, sister, brother, two nephews in a wonderful one bedroom apartment. He is a great provider and now that he is not working you both can enjoy the great life of no responsibilities. Does make getting drugs a bit harder and as you told me the last time you talked to me, you are doing better because you can't afford a lot of drugs. What a wonderful man he is to give up his job to help you use less.

To my husband,
You are my rock and I will always be grateful that you and I have finally gotten on the same page with above said daughter. We will struggle through life together because I know that I can always trust you to do the next right thing. Thank you for always being there.

To my wonderful doggies,
You bring me such joy that I can overlook the occasional accident. Annie, I know that we are growing old together and you help me to remember that there is still a bit of spring chicken left in both of us. Muffit, you are my doll. The submissive one. The one with so much love inside of you. Mousie, you are my happy go lucky one and the one that makes me laugh with your goofiness. Andy, you are my protector and such a big love. I can always count on you to demand attention and keep me focused on the present. If not, you make sure that I don't forget that you are right there and need some petting. And finally, little Petey. God never takes away that he does not give something back. I lost Megan but gained you. You are so precious to me. My little guy.

Hugs, Marle
Old 08-04-2007, 05:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

To my kids ~ Thanks for loving and trusting me unconditionally. It helps me through the guilt I feel for having exposed you to your Dad's addictions for so long.

To my animals ~ Thanks for being there when I was at the depths of dispair. Thanks for never judging, for never leaving, for always loving. You kept me from imploding.

To my family ~ Thanks for taking us in. Thanks for taking every opportunity to tell me what an idiot I've been. I appreciate your candor when you tell me how awful I was for staying with XAH. I'm looking forward to hearing more about how perfect you are and what a moron I am. Just one thing ~ someday, can I criticize you on your addicted husbands/boyfriends? Oh, right, we don't talk about them. If we don't mention your mistakes, they never happened, right? Oh, and thanks for easing me into the wonderful world of codependency!!!!

My darling XAH ~ Thank you for 19 years of hell! They make the rest of my life loom like a piece of cake with a cherry on top! Thanks for going through all of my money and my IRA ~ who need to retire anyway? Thanks for never helping with the children ~ I'm so practiced at being a single mother, that with you gone, it makes no difference. Thanks so much for driving the kids drunk! It really made me see the error of my ways. Imagine the gall of me, expecting you to pick the kids up at lessons and games! You showed me, sport. Oh, thanks for bringing your drug buddies over! I enjoyed being asked to watch their kids while you guys used. What a b#$%^ I was for refusing! Thanks for pointing that out for me in front of the kids!
Oh, and hey, honey, I need to stop here and apologize. What a harpy I was, insisting you work full time! I know, your health is bad. That asthma brought on by all the pot smoking .. a guy needs to rest alot when he's dealing with that! And I really feel horribly I was "too strict" and wouldn't allow you to deal drugs to supplement our meager income! I'm so grateful your new "friend" is understanding, and even introduced you to a drug supplier to get your new business off the ground! She sure is a better woman than I!
Hun, I'm SO sorry I spent all that money! You know, the $50/month I put into Christmas club for the kids? Poor guy, that really upset you. That money could've gone towards beer! What was I thinking???
Well, honey, at last your free and livin' large. Is the coke great? How's the pot? Do you have enough money to keep you in beer?
Thanks so very much for barely acknowledging the kids! I bet you're doing it to give them the chance at a decent life. It couldn't be because you couldn't be bothered with them, right? Gosh, if I hadn't told you you were going to be a dead beat dad, and you hadn't feigned indignancy,you wouldn't have any contact at all with them! My fault again. Sorry.
Anyway, enjoy your drugfest ~ I mean golf weekend on the cape. The kids? Well, I took Joe to Patriots training camp with all the other dads and sons. I'm taking Julie to the Animal Planet expo today. Thats all we can afford for vaca~ freebees. But you deserve your vaca. In fact, you deserve everything you get.

Love, Jude
Old 08-04-2007, 08:18 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Whew!! I needed that. Can we do this every Friday??
Old 08-04-2007, 08:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

can you imagine the recipients of all these family newsletters in the xmas cards?????

oh that would be fun - i'm going to have to come back later but these have been great to read - thanks...

love,
s