# 1 (permalink)  

Its raining....Its pouring....

the OLD man is snoring
I'm bored out of my brain
because of all this rain.
What am I to play
While my Alcoholic is away?
Should I sing the songs he hates the most
Should I go to soberrecovery and add another post?
Should I take a bath so full of bubbles?
Should I clean out MY razor full of his stubbles?
Should I mop the floor that he trodded on?
Or should I relax while he is GONE?

Okay guys...I can't go out with the kids because its been raining for days now. I have done the housework and watched Blue's Clue's and Dora the Explorer until I'm about to scream. What do you guys do when the cats away?

2many2count
Old 05-23-2003, 11:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Love your post....We have been stuck in the rain FOREVER, but good news!! I am sure it is headed your way! I saw it come out about an hour ago.....it's big, bright and warm. There was blue stuff too!!! I can't believe the SUN showed up today.

Sorry your still stuck in the rain......I know how miserible it is!! I have gotten a lot of house work done. Baseboards, light fixtures, made a honey do list a mile long. All the wash and ironing are done even put up!!!! Made p-nutty chocolate banana bread. Paid bills, cleaned out drawer and closets. Good thing the sun came out, I was just about to run out of yucky things to do. Still gotta bake cup-cakes for my just turned three year old. Her party is tomorrow.

I'll set my huge fan out in the yard and see if I can't get those clouds to blow on through!!

My feet even look webbed!! LOL

Constant
Old 05-24-2003, 11:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

I sit in the rain with you
Old 05-24-2003, 04:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

All of your suggestions sound good 2many2count!

Sorry your getting rained upon so much. We are having June Gloom in May today in Ca. I live near the coast so the vacationers are not getting their tans today.

constant , could you come and help me clean? Your on a roll and I need extra help here! If only I had the energy to do all those things after work.

The bubble bath sounds devine to me! Ease those aches away from the stress my husband gives me.BUBBLES, BUBBLES and more BUBBLES!!!!!!!!

Enjoy whatever you decide,
matters
Old 05-24-2003, 05:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This cruddy weather is too much!
I made the mistake of calling my sister-in-law and asking if my niece could sleep over (I have 2 girls 5 & 8 and my niece is 9). We went for Baskin Robins (Because I really needed it) and now they are supposedly watching Harry Potter (actually the TV is on and they are down there screaming while they are playing with Barbies). THey sound like they are having fun but I am frazzled.
My husband is at an AA meeting.
Anyway - my suggestion is get Ice Cream. It doesn't make everything better but it helps for a while (and eating ice cream is much more fun than cleaning).

NoDoubt
Old 05-25-2003, 04:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy

I'm supposed to go to the Cola Cola 600 Nascar race today and it is supposed to rain tommarrow too!
Old 05-25-2003, 06:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Relax when the cats away, cook your favourite foods, clean the house,read a good book,watch good movies get lots of sleep talk to friends.

Ngaire
Old 05-25-2003, 07:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well...it rained forever here...looks like rain today too. YUCK. I will be watching the Coca Cola 600 today Tigress... My sister in law will be there. Look for a dude with a HUGE #6 painted on his stomach. She is with them! Hope it doesn't rain there!

2many2count
Old 05-26-2003, 12:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Paused

I'm back!

Rain rain rain=mud

Took about an hour to get to the Cola Cola 600 and 3 hours bumper to bumper at the track(they lost 70% of their parking due to flooding). Anyway we finally got to park and all he did was B----!! Oh, I itched...mosquito bites, big time. We walked up through the mud and he complained he couldn't walk anymore. He carried a 12 pack in his cooler with ice. I carried the food and our pillow seats. I had a great time. I almost drank but, didn't. I'm so proud of my self! pat pat pat...We will never go another race again. He complains way too much for me. That was our 5th race. We waited until about 1:30AM and I drove us home. Should of left him at the track still complaining. LOL!!
Lots of people throwing up kept me from drinking, plus I drive.

Did I spell Tigress wrong?
Old 05-26-2003, 04:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

I spend time figuring out what I LIKE cuz it used to be all about HIM. It has taken time, but I now know that I really enjoy adventure/romance comedy movies - old ones like Romancing the Stone, True Lies, and the new ones like Two Weeks Notice.

Pretty much anything with Harrison Ford, Mel Gibson ( Anns, you HAVE to share him with me), Bruce Willis, Michael Douglas, Paul Hogan, etc.

I cook foods that I LIKE = usually lots of carbs. Bread, potatoes, noodles. Anything with NOODLES.

hmmmmm

suddenly I am hungry. and I need to go to Blockbuster.

Oh. And did I mention I love anything that has Mel Gibson in it???

O59
Old 05-26-2003, 07:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Glub Glub Glub. If it rains anymore, I am getting my life jackrt out
Old 05-27-2003, 09:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It is Tuesday and its still raining.....LIFE JACKET PLEASE! I woke up last night with the thunder so loud!

Tigress- How about you and I leave the drunks at home and we'll go to the next race Chicken wings and Pepsi...we'll throw them at the people in front of us.

I have a very good friend who races and we could probably get pit passes. They'd never miss us! Then we wouldn't have to listen to the Male Bonding Crap that you always hear...Grrrrrrrrr....

Take care and sorry it wasn't all that great.

2many2count
Old 05-27-2003, 10:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Paused

2many

Where in NC are you?
I'm in the Winston-Salem area.
Old 05-27-2003, 11:49 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Tigress-
I grew up in Raleigh/ Durham (Triangle Area) and moved to Kinston about 4 years ago. I'm about 45 minutes from the beach.

2many2count
Old 05-28-2003, 09:57 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Paused

2many

Wish, you were closer to me. But, I'd love to be closer to the beach even though the mountains are nice.
Old 05-28-2003, 01:10 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

We are planning to move to the mountains...Boone area in the next few years. We love to vacation there.....So relaxing and QUIET!

2many2count
Old 05-29-2003, 09:52 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Paused

Sounds beautiful. I think when I retire(if), I'm going to buy a house in the mountains. I can see Pilot Mountain from a couple blocks away on clear days.