Notices

3rd meeting in 2 days....my saturday night...

Old 07-29-2007, 08:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
trying to get it..

3rd meeting in 2 days....my saturday night...

I went to my Saturday meeting last night...excellent...mature grp. They meet every sat......they had several members who spoke, offered their services as sponsor, they had significant sobriety and have sponsored others successfully...I am going to go back to these meetings next week and approach one and have a conversation and see if we are on a personal level compatible and go by ‘feel’ so to speak....

Several members saw me and said hello as they were in the Friday night meeting I went to, and stopped by to say “hey day 2? keep it up” etc...

Day 5 of sobriety....starting to fel like my old self...which is good, but, am trying to mesh my new commitment so I don’t ACT like my old self...

btw way there was a person there who could not have been older than 16 who had just hit 5 months sobriety...gees...5 months at 16? when did they start for god sakes?...I am just shocked by the number of young people I see....and in a way, glad...as I am sure 15- 20 years ago you didn't see that and now those at 15- 20 years later have done so much more damage to themselves....I will presume the stigma or perhaps lack of understanding what was called for back in the 80s was the reason why there wasn't the number of young people...so its better they are getting help early...
Old 07-29-2007, 10:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

...excellent...mature grp. They meet every sat......they had several members who spoke, offered their services as sponsor, they had significant sobriety and have sponsored others successfully...
Stick with the winners. On any given night, my home group will have 200+ years of sobriety in the core 10-15 people.....
Old 07-29-2007, 10:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
trying to get it..

thx..thats sound and next staurday, I will zero in on a few...and chat them up....

I just want to be carfeul as once I start the steps..I want to be consistent....be well..
Old 07-29-2007, 11:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I cant go to many meetings due to the fact my vehical has been seized. I can only go to two that are close to me.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by henryrhodes3 View Post
I cant go to many meetings due to the fact my vehical has been seized. I can only go to two that are close to me.
Hi Henry,

I too have the same problem, transportation..

All you need to do is ask for a ride and I am sure many people will offer..

I turn down people who offer because I already have a ride...How awesome is that??? Transportation, no problem here.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by carl11 View Post
approach one and have a conversation and see if we are on a personal level compatible and go by ‘feel’ so to speak....

Things sound like they are going just fine for you Carl, I am so pleased for you!