Update here

Old 07-29-2007, 07:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Thatswayworldgoesround

Update here

Well, guys, haven't had our son in our home for two weeks now. He was here for about five minutes to get a few clothes week before last. That is the last time I've spoken to him.

We went to the beach and left our daughter to care for the dogs, and she also had to work, so she stayed at the house. I did tell my son he was not to be here at all and that we would call the police if he did come here.

I called my daughter this week, as usual, checking on things and asked if she had talked to our son, she said no. Last night after we had been home a while, she admitted he had called her, is living down the road with his long-time drug friend, asked her for food. She did take him some burgers. He asked if he could come do laundry here and she reminded him we would call police..............that's the last anyone has heard. He did tell her it would be another week before he could get into treatment program............that was what we heard for three past weeks.....I guess he's not going to do it, don't know, isn't my business really.

I hate it for him. But I guess reality is that even giving him the opportunity to do clothes is enabling. I truly think my son has to get to where he hates his life so much that he will do anything necessary to change it.

I know he will be calling this week, I can feel it coming.

Just wanted to give an update. I honestly try not to think about him, it's just too much................am just praying a lot that God will put him right where he needs to be, you know?

Oh, and please say a prayer for me. I am checking on working from home here with a telecommunications company (legit) and that would really help me focus on my recovery and doing something to help finances here............I'll know next week.

Love to you all,
Bets
Old 07-29-2007, 08:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Bets, That is the same for my AD. Talked to her last week. First time hearing her voice since March. She is miserable but scared of rehab. She is living with the 37 year old abf's mom in a tiny apartment. Not doing as many drugs because the abf is not working. She told me that she knows she needs help but is scared. So I told her we would help her find a rehab when she is ready. She said that she wants to do the full 90 days and a sober living home when it is time. So I will just wait it out. Nothing more really to do. She and your son both have to want it so badly that they are WILLING to do anything to get it. I will keep him in my prayers. Remember God's timing is perfect. Hugs, Marle
Old 07-29-2007, 11:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

yes, i know.i feel the same way about my son.i try to keep the focus on me & what i need to be doing & what makes me happy & try to remember when i do think of him that i am powerless & there is nothing i can do for him.
working from home sounds great. i wish you luck with it & hope it turns out just as you want it too. my prayers are with you & your son.let me know how the job turns out.hugs.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know your pain. At least he is still talking about rehab, so it is still in his mind. I pray her wakes up and goes soon.
susan
Old 07-29-2007, 11:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Bets, Sorry I forgot to add my prayers for the job. I hope you get it Hugs, Marle
Old 07-29-2007, 05:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

((((BETS)))) just hugs of support. At least there is some communication...and he knows he needs treatment... those are two good things. Baby steps in the right direction.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

((((((Bets))))) Prayers for all of you and for the opportunity to find a job you would like and still have time for you. You know I always have you in my thouhgts. Love, hugs and prayers
Old 07-29-2007, 07:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((((((Bets)))))))))))))

Love,
Linda
P.S.
Sounds like a real cool gig from home.
Hope ya get it and soon.
Fingers crossed, toes crossed, eyes crossed, and all the rest crossed.
Man!* It's& hard# to^ type+ like& this{. lol
Good Luck!
Old 07-29-2007, 08:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Adding my prayers for your son an the job.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Bets,

You most definitely have my prayers.

I pray that you get this job. And I pray that your son finds his way. He knows what he has to do...I pray that he finds the will to do it soon.

Love ya Bets
I really really do.