The Language of Letting Go - July 26

Old 07-26-2007, 04:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Language of Letting Go - July 26

The Language of Letting Go

Owning Our Power

Don't you see? We do not have to be so victimized by life, by people, by situations, by work, by our friends, by our love relationships, by our family, by our feelings, our thoughts, our circumstances, and ourselves.

We are not victims. We do not have to be victims. That is the whole point!

Yes, admitting and accepting powerlessness is important. But that is the first step, an introduction to this business of recovery. Later, comes owning our power. Changing what we can. This is as important as admitting and accepting powerlessness. And there is so much we can change.

We can own our power, wherever we are, wherever we go, whomever we are with. We do not have to stand there with our hands tied, groveling helplessly, submitting to whatever comes along. There are things we can do. We can speak up. Solve the problem. Use the problem to motivate ourselves to do something good for ourselves.

We can make ourselves feel good. We can walk away. We can come back on our terms. We can stand up for ourselves. We can refuse to let others control and manipulate us.

We can do what we need to do to take care of our selves. That is the beauty, the reward, the crown of victory we are given in this process called recovery. It is what it is all about!

If we can't do anything about the circumstance, we can change our attitude. We can do the work within: courageously face our issues so we are not victimized. We have been given a miraculous key to life.

We are victims no more unless we want to be.

Freedom and joy are ours for the taking, for the feeling, for the hard work we have done.

Today, I will remind myself as often as necessary that I am not a victim, and I do not need to be victimized by whatever comes my way. I will work hard to remove myself as a victim, whether that means setting and enforcing a boundary, walking away, dealing with my feelings, or giving myself what I need. God, help me let go of my need to feel victimized.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

this is a daily task that i work on.i WANT & NEED to be happy.that is my goal. whatever goes on around me i need to be free from being the victim.i DO have the power to let go of other people & their problems. that includes everybody.i am powerless to change others but i do have the power to control myself.i refuse to be the victim any longer. thanks for posting. i need to be reminded.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, I needed this today!
susan
Old 07-26-2007, 08:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for those words......I also needed this today!