load of BS???

Old 07-25-2007, 05:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

load of BS???

So I am at the hair dresser reading People magazine and there is this article about Keith Urban and his 90 day stay at Betty Ford and his ten months clean and how he would have lost everything if he hadn't gone...bla bla bla and there is this picture of him and Nicole Kidman, so happy, she with a big smile on her face, so pleased her husband is clean, and like it is all in the past and they are out of the woods. And me -- the cynic? I of course figure "Honey, that smile sure as heck will be wiped off your face when he relapses"

Sheesh, we should send her an invite to the site.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It is possible for Alcoholic to stay sober for long
periods of time without relapse.

I thank my HP and people like you here in SR,
that when i entered AA back in Aug.90 I
picked up my desire chip along with my tools
and knowledge of my disease and have not
found it necessary to pick up another drink
or chip since.

For that I am truely grateful.

I became willing to go to any lenghts
to stay sober one day at a time...and
continue on the same recovery road
today with many of you side by side.

Thank for letting me share.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Sharon..it's people like you that gives me hope that my son's father will take the right road this time.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Keith might end up being Ok. Ever individual is different. However, Nicole is old enough to know better than to put up with any cr*p from him.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

I read it to; I think he is an extremely talented musician/writer, and she is a very talented actress. His song 'Stupid Boy' has been one I have listened to over and over since leaving my exah. I can understand your skepticism, but maybe he will be ok and they will be happy. I certainly hope so.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Another Day in Paradise

Relapse doesn't have to be the way this trip ends. As was previously said, sobriety can be the result; if we are vigilant and remember that we shouldn't get so busy counting the weeks, months, or even years that we forget the days!

Like Sharon I am grateful for every day of sobriety and because of AA, the folks who I can lean on in the rooms when I start to fall, and always the ability to ask that power greater than myself for the strength I may not have within me, to stay sober.

My last drink was before the start of this century, (love saying that!!), but I am just as close to my next drink as the person whose last drink was yesterday. I have no idea how anyone else will do in sobriety, but I know I have to keep mine at the top of my “to do TODAY list.”

Alcohol is the worlds best solvent: It will dissolve jobs, marriages, families, and finally my whole life!

I am not proud of my sobriety, as one old timer told me "Let others be proud of you, you just be grateful!