Help me please......

Old 07-25-2007, 11:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help me please......

My daughter just called and said she doesn't have a place to stay or a car to get around in (won't be able to get her methadone tx) I am so scared for her. She admitted to all her lies and behavior. She was suppose to be coming down off her methadone and not doing any other drugs. Well needless to say that wasn't happening (for the last 3 years). She has no money, just a few bags of clothes that are all she has to show for her 27 years of life. She is my beloved daughter........who sadley to say is not a very inteligent person. She does'nt have any common sense, she is the proverbial "dumb blonde". Which makes it even scarier. She was the sweetest little girl who cared about everyone else so much. She also is a very attrative girl which has also not helped in her learning to use her brain. She has gotten most of her jobs in life because of her looks. My son always said "he wished he had blonde hair, blues eyes and big boobs" So sad but true. My heart breaking right now. I don't even know what to say to her. I told her that I can't help her and I wouldn't ler her come here to talk. I feel so bad.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Maybe if she calls again, offer her some numbers for rehab and offer a ride. Doing nothing is okay too. She may be a "dumb blonde", but she has been smart enough to find drugs when she needs them. Now let her find recovery. I know it is hard to let go of our beloved children. But she deserves the dignity of sorting this out for herself. Hugs and prayers, Marle
Old 07-25-2007, 11:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i know it is hard.you are doing the right thing.i hope she wioll hit her bottom real soon.hugs to you & prayers for you both.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree with marle. She is obviously not totally a "dumb blonde," or she would not be able to get drugs... If she can take that intelligence and use it productively, she'll do just fine.

The only thing I can think to say that may help you feel better about her not being able to get the methadone is that methadone, suboxone, or any other drug that addicts are prescribed to help themselves can be sold on the streets just like pot, heroin, or cocaine. So, it may be for the better, on some level, that she can't get the methadone.

I hope this blows over soon... and even moreso that she takes her honesty a step further and decides to get help before it gets worse.

*hugs and prayers*
Old 07-25-2007, 12:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow Mindy you seem to have some back ground with setting boundaries and sticking to them. I commend you for doing such a difficult thing in not telling her yes and making yourself and the rest of the family regret your decisions. I have known a lot of dumb people, blonde or not and waht I have found is most are intelligent but lazy and good actors/actresses. I am sure she will find someone else to do for her without you having to always be the one to figure things out for her. You did very well for yourself and your family...I think you deserve an applause.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Mindy, One more thing. My daughter was absolutely gorgeous too and one of the reasons it was so easy for her to get enablers. Even me. One reason I enabled for so long was because I did not want her to lose her looks But it happened without me. If your daughter continues doing what she is doing, she will not be trading her looks for drugs much longer. Then maybe she will hit the bottom she needs to want to get better. Quite possible she is trading methadone for her DOC. Or only using the methadone when she can't get her DOC in order to avoid withdrawals. Or even using methadone to get high. Very common with opiate addicts. Hugs, Marle
Old 07-25-2007, 01:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

mindy, my as is 20, hes in a halfway now and doing so-so. i would listen to what marle says, she has a lot of experience in the recovery program and i take her advice a lot.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Mindy--you and your daughter are in my prayers. I understand and struggle also.
blessings,
susan
Old 07-25-2007, 02:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yes I am beginning to see what I am doing. Some very serious childhood issues that I thought were "dealt with". Obviously not. My children were/are my only true loving family. I think I need to seek counsling. Thanks for all your help.
Linda
Old 07-25-2007, 02:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((Mindy)))))

Sending support and hugs your way. I know it's tough.
Idk what it is, but it seems there are alot of "beautiful" people that fall into addiction. Maybe it's all the attention and the fact that they can sway people to do their bidding. My son is a very handsome guy, and he knows it.
Makes me wanna smack'em sometimes for the conceited things that come out of his mouth. lol
Anyway, after you get some recovery under your belt, those no's will come alot easier. Trust me. I've been in recovery for 2 years and I still sometimes have to just hang up and turn off the phone to keep my heart and my head intact.
You be strong. The harder she has it... the more willing she'll seek recovery.
Rock bottom is different for everyone. I'd say you just about hit yours.
Keep talking about it. It helps.
Sending prayers out for all our addicts today.
Linda
Old 07-25-2007, 02:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Is she ready to get treatment? (((((Mindy)))) all I have to offer is support, understanding and empathy. I know that feelings, ouch.