Thanks for the welcome

Old 05-22-2003, 05:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks for the welcome

Nice to have some sympathy, but sorry everyone is in such pain. I am sorry for all of us. Husband came home last night drunk again. He is on such a roll. I forgot to mention he is on an anti-depressant for depression. I was so worried that I called his psychologist to tell him how worried I am about him. He said "can't do anything because of patient conf., but will make a note about it." Says I should contact the Psy Dr. who prescribes the meds. I am so upset about this. Anyone elses husband drink and take an antidepressant? What did you do about it? I know, one day at a time. Try and have a good night!
Old 05-22-2003, 08:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Yep, me too!

Anti-depressants and a 18 pack of beer. Everyday for about 5 months.

He tried to tell me that the beer actually INCREASED the effectiveness of the pills... and it was beneficial to drink while taking them. :p (Hello? Guess that warning sticker on the side of the bottle is there for decoration.)

I told his doc about it, privately in person. Not just because of mixing the meds and suds, but because he blurted out that he thought I wanted him to commit suicide. I wasn't sure what the heck to make of that, so I went privately to inform his doc.

I see nothing wrong with you telling the prescribing doc about your observations. I suspect he won't be real surprised at hearing what you have to say.

The doc that my dh was seeing told me that he normally doubles the amount of alcohol that his patients admit to drinking, and assumes that the doubled number is probably closer to the truth. Lying is a by-product of this illness.

Hang in there. You are okay. He is messed up.
Old 05-23-2003, 11:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

husband

Don't know how much longer I can hold on! This is not how I expected my life to be. I guess I thought we would ride off into the sunset. This is to stressful watching the one you love sink so low. Sorry I'm such a downer, but I am just coming out of denial about this problem and it's very sad. Just feeling sorry for myself.
Old 05-23-2003, 11:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes Ma'am!
My husband does the same thing. He has other meds that he drinks with besides antidepressants. It bothers me and I have told his Dr. Its good that we see the same Dr. Nothing has changed yet with how he prescribes it though.

Hugs,
2many2count
Old 05-23-2003, 11:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yep, I am right there too!! My hubby drinks and takes meds too. Of course that label is slapped right there on the side of the meds saying not to consume alcohol, but my hubby says he is trying to not take as much of the meds and alcohol "helps"! Haha

Don't worry, when we 1st come out of denial, it is a hard "pill" to swallow and you will do a lot of second guessing yourself, but keep coming back and read the stickies and find an al-anon meeting. You will start to feel better!!!

Constant