cant they let him grow up?

Old 07-24-2007, 01:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

cant they let him grow up?

i went to my first alanon meeting this morning. and im goin again tonight. i met a few great people who gave me their numbers and i am going to call if i need to.
and i know i will. my husband has been staying in a motel for the last week or so, not going to work. so this morning his sister calls me and says he needs a doctors note to go back to work. i say ok.. and (unbelievable!!) she says, can you make him an appointment? i said no im not his mother. thats when i knew i needed to start going to meetings.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I stopped lying for him months ago. I made it clear to him that I would no longer cover for his b.s. We are all there with you kiddo.

Hugs
Old 07-24-2007, 01:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The sad thing is, many people won't "let" others take responsibility for their own behaviour as adults, addiction or not. I believe that one of the greatest gifts I can give is to step aside and let another learn from their own actions. That is the only place from which growth comes. That does not mean I find it easy. Actually, I do find it easy to do, but have a hard time dealing with the surrounding emotions.

Good for you for realising this and for getting to meetings. Others have to learn in the own sweet time.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
let it grow!

all you can do is continue with alanon and lead by example. blessings, k
Old 07-24-2007, 02:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep going back! ((()))
Old 07-24-2007, 02:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

The journey begins. It takes at least 6 mtgs. before you know if AlAnon is right for you. It changed my life bec I learned how to feel, deal + heal. It has changed me so that I am better in all my relationships and my heart is accessible. Welcome to the neightborhood. Your response to your sister-in -law indicates that you are ready willing and able to become the best you that you can be and that is really what
Al-Anon is all abt.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I Finally Love My Life!!!

Originally Posted by sue44sj View Post
and (unbelievable!!) she says, can you make him an appointment? i said no im not his mother. thats when i knew i needed to start going to meetings.
nice