Update

Old 07-24-2007, 11:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Update

Update- My conference was great!!! Even though I was a bit homesick. It did me a world of good to be amongst my co-workers. I worried some but kept thinking to myself I deserve this time alone to focus on my career.
As far as I know he was sober. My DD was with him and we had a back up plan of escape for her in case he decided to relapse. They did very well together. Bonding time for the both of them. It was a good thing.
Now the down side. He got hurt at work and tore his bicep muscle. Out on workman's comp for 6 months. Right now he is in alot of pain and cant do much of anything except sit and sleep in the recliner. I'm so grateful that the surgery went well. My DD has been playing nurse maid and is doing an excellent job. Once she goes back to school he will have idol time. What ever he does I cant control it. But for now the waters seem to be calm enough.
We are leaving over the weekend for vacation to South Carolina. His parents take the whole family and pay for everything except food. I really need the vacation. This will be the first year we will go on vacation with him sober. Not that he is going to be able to do much of anything, but he can still sit on the beach or by the pool.
In years past I hated the thought of vacation coming up but this year I have a complete different view on it.
If he drinks there "Oh well" Because I will leave him where ever that may be. Arm in a sling or not. Sounds harsh but I think I finally figured out his drinking doesn't have to include me or change my good time, or what ever I have planned to do. Most of my plans this year is doing alot of nothing. Reading a book, taking naps. little shopping here and there. But a whole lot of R&R.
Another big announcement is that I'm returning back to school. I've waited so many years thinking things would get better. He would be more responsible. Blah blah blah. I'm not waiting any longer. My work is paying the classes and I'm going to finally finish what I started. My DD is going to be 16 in November. She is old enough, and has the tools just as I have learned thru counseling on how to handle these things. I feel stronger and more focused than I have in years. I hope and pray he continues on his path of recovery.
As I grow and learn thru mine. I cant tell you how much these boards have helped me. Reading your words of encouragement and hope has brought me more than you could ever know. Thank you all again.
Thanks to my HP as well. If it wasnt for the guidence of him I would have never knew any other life.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i'm glad to hear things are looking good right now! going back to school will be wonderful for you.

have an excellent vacation!