Coming up on 1 1/4 year. Thanks SR!!

Old 07-24-2007, 05:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

Coming up on 1 1/4 year. Thanks SR!!

I can't believe time has gone by so fast. It was last May when my world crumbled down, after discovering my daughter in an apt filled with syringes, taking my grandchild outta there. Flying back to Cali to pack my stuff, turn around, move to Canada by Sept, so my grandson could start school settled in a new place, living with his grandma.

But here it is. My attitude has changed sooo much. I hated my daughter at first. Was sooo angry, (still have times where I want to rub her nose in it). But after reading many books and being on this board I have learned sooo much. I now know she is the victim. (Not to say she has no responsibility). But I have moved thru the stages to acceptance of what is.

My daughter and I often talk about perhaps there is a grand scheme of things that we do not understand, but perhaps this was something she had to go through, to find her true calling in life. Ohhh, we are not totally outta the woods, we still stumble over things as we try to find our way.

But my friends comment on the difference in my voice now. I'm laughing more once again. I have plans for ME!!! (the new house)! And I wouldn't be here, without each and every one of you.

So I guess, I just wanted to tell oldtimers and newbies, there is hope. My daughter and I are taking babysteps, each on our own paths, but moving along nontheless.

Thank you, thank you, thank you ALL

Old 07-24-2007, 05:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My hat goes off to you! Thanks for the encouragement. I agree, SR is the best counseling I've found so far. People who truly understand and have walked in my shoes.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

NSW

What a wonderful post! Thanks so much for sharing your experience, strength and hope. Even when we take baby steps forward, little by little and day by day, we ARE moving forward. And then, we can look back and be thrilled and amazed at how far we've come.

You're a blessing to your grandson, your daughter AND to all of us here!

Big hugs
Cats
Old 07-24-2007, 06:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
let it grow!

onward and forward! k
Old 07-24-2007, 07:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

NSW, Thanks for sharing your hope with us. I remember how terrible it was for you when you first came here. I am happy that things are turning around for you, your daughter and your grandson. How is that big, beautiful house and are you getting some good quality pool time Hugs, Marle
Old 07-24-2007, 07:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

notsleepingwell, A story of hope is certainly good for my soul. I'm so glad for you and your daughter that things have turned around for the good. God love and bless you two on your journey toward wellness.

Blessings.........Lois
Old 07-24-2007, 07:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

Marle....waiting to move in....Was supposed to take possession Aug 3rd, but trying to move the date to Aug 1st....I'm working the 4,5,6,7th, so wanna get in a leetle sooner so at least I can settle a little....not to mention enjoy the pool b4 it turns green cause I don't know what the hell I'm doin!! LOL
Old 07-24-2007, 11:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

not,

THANk you... you helped me more than you can know - it gives everyone hope to see some success - and it is a success - for you, your daughter and your grandson - i hope for the best for all of you...

godspeed,
sue
Old 07-24-2007, 04:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

OMG...I was such a wreck when I arrived on SR!! And I think for months I had PTSD with all the associated symptoms. Crying all the time. Inability to concentrate or remember things. I just walked through those months like a robot. Just barely keeping my head above water.

And it was funny. I had a sister who chose that time to turn her back on me. A friend who totally had a hissy fit because I wouldn't go to a concert a few weeks after I returned to California, and I could barely get up in the morning, let alone go to a concert...lol.

I have since re-established relationships with these 2 earthlings, they just don't get it. I think they expected me to get over it in a couple of weeks and when it seemed to drag on, they couldn't take it!!

It's taken this long to get to this stage, and I still have a long way to go!! But I'll keep on plugging along, and things will progress as they should. The HP, doesn't need my help!!!
Old 07-24-2007, 04:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

NSW-Yea, a recovery story. This time it is your turn. It give the rest of us moms, and others, hope that our turn WILL come too. What a difference a yr. makes. I celebrate your peace + happiness.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

You bring tears to my eyes...I know the pain you have been going through, but you always had that wonderful sense of humor peeking through. Your love for your daughter and grandson is sooooooo evident and you did such a loving thing by letting her find her way on her own while taking good care of her precious child and taking good care of you too! I'm so glad that SR has helped you work through the valid feelings of anger, resentment and fear and all the other ones to find acceptance and light. So very happy that your daughter is finding her way and that you and the earthlings are working it out. Hugs...thanks for being here and sharing and don't you dare think of leaving..You have too much to offer and we love you, you know!!

Old 07-24-2007, 06:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

((((nsw))) thanks for the post.i am glad things are getting better for you & your daughter.there is hope,there is miracles.we see them every day.prayers that things keep getting better & better. thank you for your support also. you have been right there with me during my hard times.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

I am so glad to read your post. I have read your posts and appreciate how much you;ve grown with us. I am still growning. I guess I will grow for the rest of my life.
It's a good thing that this growth is spiritual or I would weigh 800 pounds!!
Hugs to you!