Notices

read old threads and 2 years later Im in the same place

Old 07-23-2007, 12:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

read old threads and 2 years later Im in the same place

More than 2 years after registering here on SR and I am no better.\

I am so disgusted with myself.

What is wrong with me. No wonder the people that I use to talk to here dont have anything to do with me. Theyve moved ahead and I am still stuck in the same pityful spot.

I am still slamming my fists on the table and screaming about the same ****.

Im getting worse not better. maybe my short periods of sobriety are becoming more frequent, but my binges are becming more severe when I go off.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
let it grow!

stay in today, bfree. the past is over. blessings, k
Old 07-23-2007, 12:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Sobriety can become a way of life. Stand frim with step one "Admitted that I was powerless over alcohol and that my life had become unmanageable" Get into working the steps of AA with meeting attendance and a sponsor. It will give you the tools and courage to turn your life around and become the perosn U want to B.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Beth I was in the same place for 15 years. Today, if I wanted I could be down at the Store at opening and be right back there in 'that place' by 10 this morning.

But I won't. I'm working it, day by day, and so far staying sober.

and I'll *always* talk to you.

so shut up.

D
Old 07-23-2007, 01:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Im staying in today except for the dumb counceling session, and I am keeping my mouth shut for you Dee.

Im gonna try and sleep, maybe im just still tired from last week I was pretty rough on myself. I went way overboard
Old 07-23-2007, 01:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Beth..Like you said to me..we are so in the same situaTION.

I have been banging my fists for years too.
And you hit it on the head with short periods of clean time more frequent. But the binges are most definately out weighing everything else. Mine are getting worse and worse everytime too.
It is time for me to quit playing and get serious.
I know you want to too.
I am at the end of my rope.
i will be lucky not to go to jail for what I have done the past 2 months.
I havent had legal problems in almost 5 years till now.
We can do this. I am with you all the way.
Just take it easy and live for this day and this minute. Live for a good clean life. If only for today.
You know I am thinking of you.
Attached Images
Old 07-23-2007, 01:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Beth,

I am so impressed with how hard you're trying.

I've been with you since you arrived and I know how much you want to be sober. I am going to be honest with you and give you my opinion about what I think you can do. I think you need more of a change in your life as far as people, places and things. I think your living situation was bad for you. I do understand you needed a place to live and that it's very difficult at times, but it made things hard for you. Maybe a sober living house would be a good way to go and then try to find a job in a completely different area from where you are now.

I know you can do this and I will never give up hope for your success!
Old 07-23-2007, 01:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

If you want what we have, and are willing to go to any lengths to get it, then you are ready to take certain steps.
Have you truly gone to any lengths? Alcoholism is a progressive disease; so, if as you say,
Im getting worse not better. maybe my short periods of sobriety are becoming more frequent, but my binges are becming more severe when I go off.
how can you honestly expect to get better?

Being a little bit alcoholic is like being a little bit pregnant...you either are or you're not. And, you can't be sober just by occasionally putting the plug in the jug. It takes much more than that, and it is hard work...but, so worthwhile! I do believe you want to be sober...how could you not? It's that any lengths part that's tripping you up.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

you know the shut up thing was a joke right?
LOL

D
Old 07-23-2007, 04:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Originally Posted by bfree4u View Post
More than 2 years after registering here on SR and I am no better.\

I am so disgusted with myself.

What is wrong with me. No wonder the people that I use to talk to here dont have anything to do with me. Theyve moved ahead and I am still stuck in the same pityful spot.

I am still slamming my fists on the table and screaming about the same ****.

Hi Beth,

I wish you only recovery and love and a good life but you have to put the work in. Do this with others in a program. As to older members here not responding to you well thats your disease talking again and I am sure they keep an eye out here and say something now and then. Its up to us to take responsibility for our recovery however it is going and keep reaching out and doing the footwork (our program).

Kevin
Old 07-23-2007, 04:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Befree4U...

I'll awlays talk to you too..

Struggling with sobriety is a paradox...the disease is progressive..it bites much

harder when taken up again..

But the periods of sobriety plant seeds that go way, way down deep. You

haven't "lost" your sober time...even tho' we always have to go back to Day1..

be fortunate YOU ARE STILL HERE and able to try again...

You might try a sober living facility as Anna suggested...I know I cannot be

around alcohol or drugs...

My best to you BEfree..

Love,

:

IO
Old 07-23-2007, 06:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I know that feeling well, losing to alcohol over a number of years after telling other people and myself i'm sobering up.

all i can suggest, because its what i'm trying now after butting my head again and again trying the same old ways is try something new, a new approach. Anything you haven't tried before. Just don't give up.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by bfree4u View Post
No wonder the people that I use to talk to here dont have anything to do with me. Theyve moved ahead and I am still stuck in the same pityful spot.
Sorry my friend but that isn't true! I have been here the whole time until recently. I have watched as best as I can for your post. I do miss talking to you on the phone. I have always cared about you and I always will NO MATTER WHAT! You know that I joined in 2005! I have had my relapses, and yes it does get worse each time and even harder to put some clean time together.

Even after 14 months I still some days want to escape reality, but I just don't. I know that it will be even harder for me than ever if I go back out. I think that keeps me clean today, because I thought for sure that I was going to be locked up for life. I really am not that terrified to die, I don't think that most addicts are. The reason that I say that is because most of us have tried to kill ourselves more than once. You know where I am. I hope Beth that you will quit beating yourself up because none of us here are any different. Most of us are retreads and those that are not are darn lucky.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Retreads..yo yo's...rubber bands....

You have a lot of company here..

Love,

IO
Old 07-23-2007, 06:58 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I've been bouncing around since 2003. As the people above have said, it takes work.
I (and you) need to put forth that effort. I personally know people in the AA program who now have 25 and 30 years sober, and their drinking days were as bad or worse than mine. And they did it the same way we all do it. One day at a time. Just don't pick up today. I use these people as a source of strength and hope. Nothing is truly impossible, unless we believe it is.

My best to you.

BHJ
Old 07-23-2007, 09:24 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Raised from the Dead

have you ever surrendered? regularly made meetings, gotten a sponsor, and worked steps? rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed this path. it works for me and everyone else i know who has achieved extended period of sobriety. the people i know who constantly relapse have never completely surrended to this path. they may say they have but lack the rigorous honestly to admit they havent. just my experience...im not the know-all by any means. i dont know anything about your situation but i like the odds of "rarely" alot.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:49 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((((beth))))

I think you have gotten better. It takes what it takes... I know there is a part of you that wants to be clean other wise you would not keep trying just keep trying you will get it I just know it...
Old 07-24-2007, 01:51 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

My join date is 2005 too Beth!
I only really started posting regularly in January of this year and my binges started getting worse at that time too, like the more serious I was about getting sober the more the addiction made itself felt.
I too was having more sober periods but with the binges getting worse.

In the end I went to AA, I cant do it alone and I have a feeling maybe you cant either.
I think you are gonna have to do the same as me hun-admit defeat and get to a MEETING!

That is tough love with the emphasis on the LOVE part Beth!
Old 07-24-2007, 01:42 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

thank you everyone for the much needed support.

My head is in a bad place. im tired of being in the revolving door all the time. I am tired.

I have never been this close to the end of my rope as I am now.

Chiy I was hoping we could do this together, but im having a hell of a time.

VIc I miss talking to you also. I think I still have your number somewhere i ahve been so screwed up I dont know where anything is.

Im looking up a meeeting for tonight and will go. Even if i am buzzed by then, better to go than not.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:03 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

This is straight from the Big Book:

in some instances there has been brief recovery, followed always by a still worse relapse
Get to that meeting. Don't drink or use until the next one. That's ALL you have do do today. Nothing else.