Notices

Anxiety kicked in today - Like heart attack

Old 07-20-2007, 09:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anxiety kicked in today - Like heart attack

Well, today was a horrible day. Long story short, my mother-in-law is old and lazy. She needs care that neither my wife or I can provide. However, seniors homes are way out of our price range and are not so common in Japan. This has taken a serious tole on my wifes health. Today got so bad that my wife was yelling at my mother-in-law with such anger in her voice and with such an angry face with tears streaming down her eyes that it almost scared me half to death that should would stroke out or something. She was holding a box full of medicine that I think she wanted to throw into her mother's room, but I stood between her and the room. I got bruised up trying to keep her from going into the room.

My mother-in-law CAN live a normal life on her own but has chosen to give up. She doesn't understand that this has an affect on her daughter. Anyways, by the end of the day everyone was upset and I had to referee most of the day (A day-off from work at that). Once everyone got to bed (Except me) I started to feel pain in my left side, left bicep, left part of my chest and was thinking "Dammit, all this stress has caused me to blow an artery or something." Anyways, I took my meds and hope it will bring me back down to earth.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((((((((((((DaVinci2))))))))))))))) Bless you for being such a patient man!! Let God handle the rest.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in there! I also get these anxiety attacks in the evening after a lot of stress. It starts just like you said with some kind of pain. Then I think that something is wrong, a heartattack or stroke, and get very anxious.
One solution is to focus on your breathing.
Remember it will always go away!
Old 07-20-2007, 06:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Whoa, that is too much! I hope the meds helped.

I am so sorry. Home ought to be the one place we come to for peace and solace from the harsh world, our haven.
Same for your wife.

Sending wishes of peace and love between the two of you for healing.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks all.

Well, the medication helped. In fact, it seemed stronger than usual. Perhaps because I haven't felt anxiety in a while and the meds brought it down real fast?? Dunno.

Today I woke up feeling exhausted. Mentally and physically. I didn't want to work at all. I was kind lucky that I got a few emails from students saying they can't make it to lessons because of summer vacation, so I've got the day-off with the exception of some training I have to do for something else. I was looking forward to it, but now I just feel like crawling inside a dark hole and laying there.

Tonight, I have to find some place to be alone. Not sure where that will be, but I have to get away for a couple of hours, no noise, no lights, no people. Haven't figure out where that is being in Japan...but hopefully I can find a place.

Edit - My daily meds have also changed.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Eeesh,

Stress is a big trigger for me too. There is at least one type A personality at my workplace. Whenever he gets on my nerve, I have to tell him to back off.

The stress just isnt worth it. Bad enuf that panic/anxiety is associated with the drinking withdrawal. When I eliminate the drink, Im able to better handle the stress.

Hang in there.

Intro
Old 08-06-2007, 06:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

This is what I dread about having my mom live with me.
I just don't know what the answer would be for you in Japan. However, can you hire someone to come in once a day for a few hours? That might take some pressure off you both.