Ever feel like ya just need a hug?

Old 07-19-2007, 10:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ever feel like ya just need a hug?

Cheesy, I know, but I am just so stressed right now that I feel like I'm ready to explode... we went to look at cars this afternoon and that was very discouraging b/c I began to realize just how much I'm going to have to spend if I want to not have to worry so much about reliability... the events of yesterday have left me a bit paranoid.

Plus, hubby was telling me tonight that he is kinda worried now that he might not be able to go back to school b/c of the added cost of my car... I told him that was ridiculous, that his finishing school is a top priority as far as I'm concerned, that I'm willing to spend as little as I need to if it'll make his education work out... he's been really upset lately about the fact that he hasn't finished school, so now, not only do I feel all depressed about my car, but now I get to feel guilty b/c my needing a car might jeopardize his finishing school?!?

I swear, I'm just starting to feel like everything I touch turns to crap...

I'm trying so hard to stay positive... I keep making lists of reasons to be thankful, but I just feel like I'm drowning right now.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by ladyamalthea View Post

Plus, hubby was telling me tonight that he is kinda worried now that he might not be able to go back to school b/c of the added cost of my car... I told him that was ridiculous, that his finishing school is a top priority as far as I'm concerned, that I'm willing to spend as little as I need to if it'll make his education work out... he's been really upset lately about the fact that he hasn't finished school,
Not knowing him but knowing me... That sounds like a cover up for a low self-esteem and thoughts that he can't finish.
Excuses start to show when things are not going well.
A more direct encouragement may open him up to communicate if that is what is happening.
You can do it.
You are worth it.
I am proud of you.

As for the needing a hug....
When all else failed I could always invite myself to dinner at my sister's house. She cooks just like mother use to make and always had a hug waiting at the door.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

I know how you feel sweetpea. I'm having one of those weeks myself. Losing my father in that car accident.......then I had to go to the hospital for some health related issues I've been having........not working all week. Yep..........sometimes you just need a hug. Hang in there.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

*hug* *hug* *hug*
Old 07-20-2007, 01:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To Life!

One day at a time, ladyamalthea....
Remember what Ann always says; The difference between a bad day and a good day is about two days.
Glad you're working on a gratitude list. It makes a world of difference.

Shalom!
Old 07-20-2007, 02:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Smile

damn gilrl, the whole world needs a hug for real! And you too!

Hug Hug Hug ((((((((((((((((((((((((((Hug))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))
Old 07-20-2007, 06:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((((lady))))
Old 07-20-2007, 06:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hugs all around! k
Old 07-20-2007, 06:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
krhea75

Just sending good thoughts to someone who has helped me in the past. Now it's your turn to be helped.
krhea
Old 07-20-2007, 07:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Lady, First, here is a big hug for you. Now, you know you need reliable transportation so a car is in order. Your husband going back to school. Sit down and figure out where you are at there. Maybe he can still pick up a class or two. I took 8 years to get my degree because I paid for it myself. I worked full time because I took care of myself. Sometimes I could only take a class or two, sometimes I went spring and summer semester. It takes what it takes. And remember you are not responsible for the world, only your part in it. Hugs again, Marle
Old 07-20-2007, 07:09 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm sending hugs too.

Last edited by Ann; 02-08-2018 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:52 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))
Old 07-20-2007, 08:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
let it grow!

there's a cuddle-thon thread over on the newcomers board that's really fun...come on over! k
Old 07-20-2007, 02:59 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

The biggest investment loan one can make is in their education. Your hubby could get a sallie mae loan if necessary.

I understand having those incredibly stressful days. They don't last forever, thank heaven!!
Here's a hug for you!(((lady)))
Old 07-20-2007, 09:30 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have found some great older imports owned by people who didn't put a lot of milage on them in my days. Since they are older models, they aren't very expensive but they sure are reliable. I've also bought a car to get by while I was struggling financially, figuring it might last me a year and my HP kept it running for 4 or 5 To me, price and model year don't necessarily equate to reliability.

Tomorrow is a brand new day and I find if I look to it with joy, my chances of feeling crummy decrease rapidly. Sending lots of hugs...I think they are the best miracle cure for anything on the market!

Old 07-20-2007, 09:45 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
President

I agree.... he can get a loan to pay for his education that he wouldn't have to pay back until he finishes!

I would totally give you a hug if I lived anywhere near you! But, I guess cyberhugs will do!

((((lady))))