Saw an old student last night:)-OT

Old 07-19-2007, 05:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Saw an old student last night:)-OT

Last night an old student came for a visit. She is going to be starting her 3rd year of college this fall. I was with this girl from the time she was 4 until she graduated. I interpreted her graduation for her. She is doing wonderfully. She was always like a second daughter to me. She was friends with my daughter when they were younger and spent a good bit of time at my house. It is so uplifting to see young people who are actually good souls. Anyway, hope everyone has a good day. Little dreary here, but we need the rain Hugs, Marle
Old 07-19-2007, 07:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It does us good to put our energies on other people. I always hate when my daughter tells me she doesn't know anyone who isn't under the influence of some kind. She tells me I'm living in another world because everybody does something.
It is nice to see young people that work hard and have goals. I am sure you had a very big impact on her life to help her where she is today.
Rainy and dreary here today also. Going to work then leaving for my summer place.
Hope it clears up, I have some painting to do.
Have a terrific week-end...............Lo
Old 07-19-2007, 07:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
It does us good to put our energies on other people. I always hate when my daughter tells me she doesn't know anyone who isn't under the influence of some kind. She tells me I'm living in another world because everybody does something.
Yeah, my sister told me yesterday that she used to think the same way... and I guess in their world, everyone is on something, so to them it would sound logical...

I know how you feel, Marle. One of the things that kept me from going completely bonkers last semester when things were at their worst was being in my classroom with my students, who, for the most part, are great kids.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((Marle)))))

Not everyone, does "something".
Where do they get that noise?
I work with a few young people who work, live on their own, and go to school, and all without having to "party" their way into adulthood.
I always wondered what kind of parent it takes to raise a happy, well adjusted, and
"committed to living life on life's terms" kinda child. One who can work through lifes disappointments without the use of mind altering substances.
Being part of this young woman's life, you must be very proud of the "role" you played. Feels good, eh?
It's overcast and yucky here today too. I've got alot of planning today for the HP party tomorrow night. It's all extremely exciting. lol. I'm like a big kid planning a halloween party. What to wear, what to wear?
I'm the hat sorting greeter at 6pm, and later, a teller of fortunes. Book goes on sale at 12:01 am. Yippy Skippy!

With Love,
Linda
Old 07-19-2007, 07:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

HP party?

I had to laugh. At first I thought you were having a Higher Power party, and I thought that was a very cool concept!

Harry Potter is cool too. I think the party will be great fun

Cats
Old 07-19-2007, 07:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think a Higher Power party would be cool.............
Old 07-20-2007, 10:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
President

Such a nice story!
Old 07-21-2007, 04:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

everyone is not on something.i do have 2 teen grandchildren out of 4 that are not on anything.i am grateful for that. i love the stories of the young people that are trying to make something of themselves.