OT-Our daughter's boyfriend

Old 07-19-2007, 04:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Thatswayworldgoesround

Talking OT-Our daughter's boyfriend

........is so cool. They met not long before they both came home from school for the summer and have been together four months now.

Our daughter has never had a really serious relationship, she tended to enjoy being with guys and with her friends and didn't really "date", she was really picky, and that was fine by us, lol.

Her boyfriend lives in a town just beside ours, and he is such a peach. He treats her like a queen, is really very mature for 19, and I'm so glad for her. He's the kind of guy who sent a dozen roses just to say he loves her at work one day. He's always giving cards and when he heard her camera had broken, voila a new camera appears. He won't let her spend her own money on anything, thinks she's the best thing since sliced bread and will tell anyone that he thinks so.

One day recently he was gone with a friend somewhere and he calls her, then talks to me. He said, "I've got it bad, don't I, Ms. Betsy?" I told him, yes, he does, and I loved him for it but not to let her walk on him, lol. This kid texts me, for Pete's sake, and we talk on the phone just to say hi. He knows how much I like him, and he likes me back.

I'm so glad for her. I have just told her, enjoy it, let it go where it needs to, and they seem to be doing that. They are serious but neither one is rushing anything, just enjoying each other.

It is so cool.

Just thought I'd let you know. She's such a doll, my girl, and it was time for someone to treat her well..............

Love,
Bets
Old 07-19-2007, 04:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's awesome. Genuine love and affection is great at any age.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I like starting my day with a big smile. Thanks for sharing that.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the cute story of young love. He sounds like my sons.......they are wonderful husbands to their wives. I always said I wish my daughter could find someone like her brothers. I have always told my sons when they starting dating to have the upmost respect for the girl they were dating at the time. I told them that she is somebody's daughter who loves her very much and they should respect that.
I wish someone would have told the boys who dated my daughter that. It was a boyfriend who introduced her to drugs.
Happy for you and your daughter...................Lo
Old 07-19-2007, 07:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lightenup,

I wonder if that is how my parents felt when I was dating my husband?

I'm so happy for her.
*hugs*
Old 07-19-2007, 07:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

So happy for your daughter - glad he talks to you - that's appears to be a good thing too.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bets, Soooo cool, thanks for this upliftingpost...I'm really happy for them and for your mom happiness too. So nice when our little girls get treated so special...Nice if we would too, huh? Here's my new motto...

Old 07-20-2007, 10:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
President

That's sooo nice to hear!