TV tonight

Old 07-18-2007, 05:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

TV tonight

Hi Guys,
There's a program on now ( 8:15 est ) on National Geographic Explorer about the Worlds Most Dangerous Drug... Meth. Thought some of you might be interested.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Thumbs up West Coast 8 pm tonight also

Thanks I will check it out when 8 pm arrives on West Coast
Old 07-18-2007, 06:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

THANKS MJPAAO! I was able to catch that last half of it. I'll check out the rest when it airs again in 2 hours.. 11pm (eastern)
Old 07-18-2007, 06:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well, I certainly have a new appreciation for the danger of meth after watching that show. What a horrible drug!! I'll be saying a special prayer for all our addicts tonight...
Old 07-19-2007, 06:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It amazes me that addicts would still do drugs like cocaine when meth is supposed to be cheaper, last longer and is 6 times more powerful than coke. I would think that the addicted mind would grab ahold of those facts and run with them. It is a terrible drug. The other amazing thing was the man who did it for 20 years and had no lasting physical effects. Either he was very lucky or his parents enabled the crap out of him. Marle
Old 07-19-2007, 06:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Does anyone else find it impossible to watch these shows? I start watching them and my heart starts racing, I get antsy and I just can't sit through them. It just brings back to much pain and heartache for me. I really don't think I'll ever be able to watch a movie/TV show ever again that has to do with drugs/addiction, it is just too hard.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Right there with you, ncdeac. I used to love the chick flicks on the Lifetime channel.
I can't even watch them anymore because they are usually about runnaways, girls getting raped, drugs, abuse. It is all reality to me. People would tell me to watch "Intervention". I can't do it........I don't want to see people strung out. It sounds like I'm burying my head in the sand, but it is too painful for me. I have seen the real thing and I don't want to keep reliving it.
I do understand where you are coming from..................Lo
Old 07-19-2007, 07:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Nope. I don't watch them. I had a hard enough time reading the article in a recent issue of Time magazine about How we get Addicted. It was all about the science of addiction. If anyone ever doubted that it's a disease, I suggest you grab a copy of the magazine and read it.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I watch them and also Intervention on A&E. I try to watch the shows without judgement and with an eye to educating myself. Sometimes they are a bit raw, but they do help me to stay strong with my daughter. In a weird way, they help me to accept that what she is doing is what every addict does. The people in the program become people to me, people with huge addiction problems, but still people. Helps me to see my daughter in a different light. If I can have compassion for the addicts on TV, then I can have compassion for my daughter. Marle
Old 07-19-2007, 11:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I have said the same thing as Marle. As a nurse, if I can treat my daughter like a "patient" I do much better. When I think of her as my "little girl" the pain is too much and too real. Like the people on the shows, they are sick "patients" and deserve empathy and compassion, not my anger.
susan
Old 07-19-2007, 12:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

I'm with you marle, I feel like knowledge is my power against these drugs.