News that made me feel ill today

Old 07-18-2007, 06:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

News that made me feel ill today

Just read an article about a friend (s) of my sons who were arrested on drug charges a couple of weekends ago. One of these people were at my house once. I am so scared that he just doesn't seem to want to listen and get away from these type people and I think I am more afraid that eventually he will end up in jail with them.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
let it grow!

it's hard. blessings, k
Old 07-18-2007, 06:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My daughter's high school friend and first dealer died of tainted heroin last fall. Did not make a difference to her. Lots of shady people in my daughter's life. When one goes to jail she tells me what a nice person he is. Argggg. Hugs, Marle
Old 07-18-2007, 07:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i pray for your son that he will get on the right track, i pray for your strength to get through whatever the future holds. there is nothing you can do to help your son.you are powerless.read around & work recovery.it will save your sanity.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

A friend of my son's was murder over drugs last year, and two others died from overdoses. All there friends were saying I can't believe it they were so nice. I will keep your son in my prayers. I will also keep you in my prayers. Hoping that they all learn sooner rather than later.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

When I think of some of the people my daughter brought to my house it scares the bejeezers out of me. No one is allowed here anymore because I don't trust anyone that she is involved with. She knows I will not hesitate to call the police and have anyone removed. How dare her put me in danger. My daughter has buried some of her so called friends to drugs and it didn't wake her up.

Lo
Old 07-18-2007, 09:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you for all your kind words and thoughts. I is nice to know I am not alone and there are some people I can share this with.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

One of my students last spring had a brother who was murdered by a dealer. The dealer got out scott free because the witnesses would not ID him...
Old 07-18-2007, 01:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Im sorry, it is a weird feeling.

I was thinking yesterday about friends I had that had died, and these are only ones I know of

1. Close friend and neighbor died in a drunk driving accident in 94
2. First Bo, and long time friends, best friend all our childhood dies a few years ago hit by drunk driver and killed
3. a few years ago childhood friend and his wife were murdered in their home by a guy who thought they were turning him in for drugs.
4. Guy I went to college with and interned with, his brother died on a mtorcycle while driving drunk, my friend and college mate, lost it and died in a alcohol induced state a year later

Its heartwrenching all we can do is continue to make the best out of our lives
Old 07-18-2007, 02:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My daughter watched her life long friend OD after coming back from Iraq. She did CPR, rode in the ambulance, etc. Continued with drugs until May 22. After weeks in rehab and the reality set it, it mattered. I think when their brains are so messed up w/ chemicals they don't feel anything for anybody!